Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

CallManager 8.5 in vmWare license mac change primary ntp

jason.aarons at dimensiondata

Jun 12, 2012, 5:23 AM

CallManager 8.5 in vmWare license mac change primary ntp

Customer running CallManager 8.5 with 8 nodes. Need to change publisher prmary ntp server invalidating license mac (show status).

Once I delete the old primary ntp server, while the other nodes continue to process calls while I call tac to license re-hosted? I don't want a outage.

ewellnitzvoip at gmail

Jun 12, 2012, 5:33 AM

Re: CallManager 8.5 in vmWare license mac change primary ntp [In reply to]

There is supposed to be a 30 day grace period. I've never tested it though.

On Jun 12, 2012, at 7:23 AM, "Jason Aarons (AM)" <jason.aarons [at] dimensiondata> wrote:

> Customer running CallManager 8.5 with 8 nodes. Need to change publisher prmary ntp server invalidating license mac (show status).
>

> Once I delete the old primary ntp server, while the other nodes continue to process calls while I call tac to license re-hosted? I don’t want a outage.

Dennis.Heim at wwt

Jun 12, 2012, 6:14 AM

Re: CallManager 8.5 in vmWare license mac change primary ntp [In reply to]

You should be able to get tac to recalculate the license mac so you will have new licenses prior to the change.

Dennis Heim
Sr. UC Engineer
World Wide Technology
Office: 314.212.1814
There is supposed to be a 30 day grace period. I've never tested it though.

Customer running CallManager 8.5 with 8 nodes. Need to change publisher prmary ntp server invalidating license mac (show status).

Once I delete the old primary ntp server, while the other nodes continue to process calls while I call tac to license re-hosted? I don’t want a outage.

m4ry at email

Jun 12, 2012, 8:02 AM

Re: CallManager 8.5 in vmWare license mac change primary ntp [In reply to]

We had to test this very thing when we changed timezone and SMTP settings and other than the forced reboot of our Pub, there was no outage (no phones are registered to our Pub) and we were able to get our licenses re-hosted within a few days without issue.

Cheers,
Mary