Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

CAD login screen, extension box.

roger.wiklund at gmail

Jun 8, 2012, 7:08 AM

CAD login screen, extension box.

Stupid question perhaps, but why is there a box for extension nr when
you login CAD?
You can only have one IPCC extension for the end user so even have
that box there?

Thanks
/Roger

jason.aarons at dimensiondata

Jun 8, 2012, 7:22 AM

Re: CAD login screen, extension box. [In reply to]

So for testing I can change the username and extension :) Someone sits down at desk they can login with Extension Mobility and into CAD with their username/extension.

Stupid question perhaps, but why is there a box for extension nr when
you login CAD?
You can only have one IPCC extension for the end user so even have
that box there?

Thanks
/Roger

itevomcid

roger.wiklund at gmail

Jun 8, 2012, 8:03 AM

Re: CAD login screen, extension box. [In reply to]

I dont get it.

Even if you use EM, you still have to specify an IPCC extension for
the end user, hence the userid is always tied to the same extension.
So userid and password should be enough?

/Roger

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Jason Aarons (AM)
<jason.aarons [at] dimensiondata> wrote:
> So for testing I can change the username and extension J Someone sits down
> at desk they can login with Extension Mobility and into CAD with their
> username/extension.

jason.f at shsu

Jun 8, 2012, 8:06 AM

Re: CAD login screen, extension box. [In reply to]

Roger is implying that CAD should know your extension. Since you can only have one, there should be no need to specify...That's a good question that I've never had. Don't know

Even if you use EM, you still have to specify an IPCC extension for
the end user, hence the userid is always tied to the same extension.
So userid and password should be enough?

/Roger

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Jason Aarons (AM)
<jason.aarons [at] dimensiondata> wrote:
> So for testing I can change the username and extension J Someone sits down
> at desk they can login with Extension Mobility and into CAD with their
> username/extension.

roger.wiklund at gmail

Jun 8, 2012, 8:11 AM

Re: CAD login screen, extension box. [In reply to]

Exactly what I mean =)

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Fuermann, Jason <jason.f [at] shsu> wrote:
> Roger is implying that CAD should know your extension. Since you can only have one, there should be no need to specify...That's a good question that I've never had. Don't know

rlafount at cisco

Jun 8, 2012, 9:01 AM

Re: CAD login screen, extension box. [In reply to]

80% of the CAD code is shared between UCCX and UCCE. In UCCE, you specify an instrument ID when you login, so I assume this is just carryover from the UCCE CAD code.

That is my best guess, not familiar enough with UCCE to be 100% sure.

Thank you,

Ryan LaFountain
Unified Contact Center
Cisco Services
Direct: +1 919 392 9898
Hours: M - F 9:00am - 5:00pm Eastern Time

On Jun 8, 2012, at 11:03 AM, Roger Wiklund wrote:

> I dont get it.
>
> Even if you use EM, you still have to specify an IPCC extension for
> the end user, hence the userid is always tied to the same extension.
> So userid and password should be enough?
>
> /Roger
>

> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Jason Aarons (AM)
> <jason.aarons [at] dimensiondata> wrote:
>> So for testing I can change the username and extension J Someone sits down
>> at desk they can login with Extension Mobility and into CAD with their
>> username/extension.

roger.wiklund at gmail

Jun 8, 2012, 11:08 AM

Re: CAD login screen, extension box. [In reply to]

Thanks Ryan,

Perhaps it's gone in 9.0 =)

/Roger

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Ryan LaFountain <rlafount [at] cisco> wrote:
> 80% of the CAD code is shared between UCCX and UCCE. In UCCE, you specify an instrument ID when you login, so I assume this is just carryover from the UCCE CAD code.
>
> That is my best guess, not familiar enough with UCCE to be 100% sure.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ryan LaFountain
> Unified Contact Center
> Cisco Services
> Direct: +1 919 392 9898
> Hours: M - F 9:00am - 5:00pm Eastern Time
>

> On Jun 8, 2012, at 11:03 AM, Roger Wiklund wrote:
>
>> I dont get it.
>>
>> Even if you use EM, you still have to specify an IPCC extension for
>> the end user, hence the userid is always tied to the same extension.
>> So userid and password should be enough?
>>
>> /Roger
>>

>> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Jason Aarons (AM)
>> <jason.aarons [at] dimensiondata> wrote:
>>> So for testing I can change the username and extension J Someone sits down
>>> at desk they can login with Extension Mobility and into CAD with their
>>> username/extension.

tycoononway1987 at gmail

Jun 8, 2012, 12:21 PM

Re: CAD login screen, extension box. [In reply to]

Roger,

One thing i could add here is; as per the CAD "Cisco Agent Desktop User
Guide", Page 14:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/user/guide/cad80ccxug-cm.pdf

Login Notes (Atleast the document says so):
■Agent Desktop can control only those calls on the extension you enter in
the Login dialog box, even if you are configured with multiple extensions.

Secondly, the Agent Extension is bound to the User ID but not to the CAD
Machine. You can use any Agent ID/Extension to login using any machine.

There could also be some relation to monitoring/recording aspect of it i
assume.

Regards
Gurpreet

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Roger Wiklund <roger.wiklund [at] gmail>wrote:

> Thanks Ryan,
>
> Perhaps it's gone in 9.0 =)
>
> /Roger
>
> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Ryan LaFountain <rlafount [at] cisco>
> wrote:
> > 80% of the CAD code is shared between UCCX and UCCE. In UCCE, you
> specify an instrument ID when you login, so I assume this is just carryover
> from the UCCE CAD code.
> >
> > That is my best guess, not familiar enough with UCCE to be 100% sure.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Ryan LaFountain
> > Unified Contact Center
> > Cisco Services
> > Direct: +1 919 392 9898
> > Hours: M - F 9:00am - 5:00pm Eastern Time
> >

> > On Jun 8, 2012, at 11:03 AM, Roger Wiklund wrote:
> >
> >> I dont get it.
> >>
> >> Even if you use EM, you still have to specify an IPCC extension for
> >> the end user, hence the userid is always tied to the same extension.
> >> So userid and password should be enough?
> >>
> >> /Roger

> down

jsteinberg at gmail

Jun 8, 2012, 2:50 PM

Re: CAD login screen, extension box. [In reply to]

The world would be a better place if you could type any extension into that
box and have everything work properly.