number)

I know with voicemail boxes, you can add an alternate extension. Can you
do this with a system call handler? Or do I have to just build and
maintain two menu's?

Should I just remove the system call handler, and build it off a voicemail
box?

Mike

lelio at uoguelph

Re: Unity Connection System Call handler [In reply to]

Alternate extensions are great, but callers will be transferred to the primary extension when dialed at at UCxn prompt. Using a voicemail box might be easier, but it uses up a license. Calls forwarded to it may behave slightly different as well.

Other than that, another system call handler with a blank greeting that transfers to the menu structure is doable. I would avoid maintaining two.

Sent from my iPhone...

"There's no place like 127.0.0.1"

On May 30, 2012, at 11:24 AM, Mike King <me [at] mpking> wrote:

> I have a system call handler that plays a very simple greeting, allows the caller to select 1 of 2 options.
>
> I have a requirement that two numbers have to ring to this menu. (one of the numbers goes directly to the menu, the other rings a huntlist first, so I can't just do a number translation in Callmanager to make it be the same number)
>
> I know with voicemail boxes, you can add an alternate extension. Can you do this with a system call handler? Or do I have to just build and maintain two menu's?
>
> Should I just remove the system call handler, and build it off a voicemail box?
>
> Mike

tednugent73 at gmail

Re: Unity Connection System Call handler [In reply to]

Depending on how the call comes into Unity (directed or redirected) you can
just use routing rules to accomplish this.

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Mike King <me [at] mpking> wrote:

> I have a system call handler that plays a very simple greeting, allows the
> caller to select 1 of 2 options.
>
> I have a requirement that two numbers have to ring to this menu. (one of
> the numbers goes directly to the menu, the other rings a huntlist first, so
> I can't just do a number translation in Callmanager to make it be the same
> number)
>
> I know with voicemail boxes, you can add an alternate extension. Can you
> do this with a system call handler? Or do I have to just build and
> maintain two menu's?
>
> Should I just remove the system call handler, and build it off a voicemail
> box?
>
> Mike

me at mpking

Re: Unity Connection System Call handler [In reply to]

Hmm... Hadn't thought about doing a blank greeting

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Lelio Fulgenzi <lelio [at] uoguelph> wrote:

> Alternate extensions are great, but callers will be transferred to the
> primary extension when dialed at at UCxn prompt. Using a voicemail box
> might be easier, but it uses up a license. Calls forwarded to it may behave
> slightly different as well.
>
> Other than that, another system call handler with a blank greeting that
> transfers to the menu structure is doable. I would avoid maintaining two.
>
> Sent from my iPhone...
>
> "There's no place like 127.0.0.1"
>
> On May 30, 2012, at 11:24 AM, Mike King <me [at] mpking> wrote:
>
> > I have a system call handler that plays a very simple greeting, allows
> the caller to select 1 of 2 options.
> >
> > I have a requirement that two numbers have to ring to this menu. (one
> of the numbers goes directly to the menu, the other rings a huntlist first,
> so I can't just do a number translation in Callmanager to make it be the
> same number)
> >
> > I know with voicemail boxes, you can add an alternate extension. Can
> you do this with a system call handler? Or do I have to just build and
> maintain two menu's?
> >
> > Should I just remove the system call handler, and build it off a
> voicemail box?
> >
> > Mike

mballard at otis

Re: Unity Connection System Call handler [In reply to]

The method I used to do this was to setup a Forwarded Routing Rule, then
sends the call directly to the appropriate call handler based on the
Dialed number field.

I originally did it on Unity, but it seems to work fine on our fresh
Unity Connection installation as well.

Matthew