Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

UCCX Agent Upgrades

me at mpking

UCCX Agent Upgrades

We're prepping to upgrade our UCCX (from 8.5.1 SU2 to SU3). Of course,
this means all our agents will have to upgrade.

Since our endusers are not admins on the machines, this means I have
upgrade the client for them.

It begs the question, has anyone tried a software deployment solution (SCCM
or Altiris) to push the updated agent?

I'll have to get a feature request into my Account team. My SSL
VPN utilizes an installer service that you install as an admin once, and it
runs with local system privileges. When the SSL vpn client needs to
update, it will utilize this service, and the service will perform the
upgrade, neatly sidestepping the fact the end user does not
have privileges to install software.

Cisco could easily use the same tactic for the CAD / HRS / Supervisor
desktop.

Mike

Chris.Clouse at cdw

Re: UCCX Agent Upgrades [In reply to]

We have just completed this using automated tools for deploying the agent and supervisor software on an upgrade to SU3. We used the method listed below by extracting the MSIs from the patch ISO and using the preconfiguration tool.

See the notes here under the Using Automated Package Distribution Tools on page 111 and Running the Preconfiguration Tool on page 102: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/installation/guide/cad85ccxig-cm.pdf

~Chris