lelio at uoguelph
May 11, 2012, 5:47 AM
Post #2 of 2
along the same lines (kind of) are the list archives . searching these usually help out. the one's i use are:
but others have used:
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst (CCS) * University of Guelph * Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (ANNU)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)
----- Original Message -----
From: "Wes Sisk" <wsisk [at] cisco>
To: "cisco-voip list" <cisco-voip [at] puck>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 8:13:19 AM
Subject: [cisco-voip] CUCM top of mind issues
I've had the good fortune to work with a good Cisco team and several great customers recently including some of you from this list. Out of that work There are some top of mind items that folks may benefit from by knowing rather than going through the learning process.
Many of the hot issues are covered in the Hot Issues RSS Feeds:
Here is a bit of extra insight for Friday:
* Readonly filesystems are caused by a combination of hardware, firmware, and drivers in the linux kernel. Hardware replacement is straight forward. Always re-update firmware after hardware replacement. Firmware is updated with the FWUCD. Drivers in the linux kernel are updated with CUCM software upgrades. Customer provide HP servers and HP based MCS servers must be updated with firmware directly from the HP website.
Latest FWUCD on Cisco.com: Downloads Home
Voice and Unified Communications
Cisco 7800 Series Media Convergence Servers
Cisco MCS 7835-I3
Voice Applications OS Firmware For IBM-3.6(6)
* UCS installs may encounter readonly filesystem or intermittent network connectivity due to a known issue:
CSCth36989 [CUPT80] PSOD on vmotion of two vm's in a loop with netperf UDP traffic
CSCtw68712 UCS C-series bios fix for VMware esx intel interrupt remapping issue
* Be aware of jitter in media resources hosted on the server:
CSCtz29142 UCS CUCM Media resources introduces jitter causing bad voice quality
CTI Deployments including Contact Centers:
* CUCM 8.6.2 base has proven very problematic for CTI integrations including Contact Center. Strongly consider starting at 8.6(2a)su1 for any deployment leveraging CTI.
CSCtx57751 CTIManager Core on DeviceEventRouter
CSCtx06424 Get TermRegistrationFailedEv when dynamic register CTI port at 2nd time
CSCts56726 CiscoProvTerminalUnRegisteredEv CiscoAddrRemovedEv failed after EM Login
CSCty22899 Devices do not go in service after EM logout and CCM restart
CSCtt41083 Invalid station PID between CTI and CCM Services
CSCts97096 CTI info not updated, if EM phone is unplugged without proper logout
cisco-voip mailing list
cisco-voip [at] puck