As I understand it the may be a free wallboard product out there. Is this correct, is there anything I can download and have a play with?

Thanks .

cvoip at tannerezell

Re: UCCX Wallboard [In reply to]

I had an error sending to the list, apologizes for the duplicate.

Rab,

The most commonly referred to free wallboard can be found here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/269435

It's fairly simple, and fairly easy to modify to suit your needs. Unfortunately that means you'll need to learn the UCCX DB schema which you can find here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/user/guide/uccx85dbschema.pdf and the historical reporting developers guide here: Cisco Unified Contact Center Express 8.5(1) Historical Reporting Administrator and Developer Guide will be very helpful.

Now, if you're not a SQL developer this can be a bit overwhelming to learn. If you really need something beyond the basic free wallboard linked to above, you might be better served purchasing an off the shelf solution. At least then you won't be accountable for the data that is displayed (you might be surprised to see how many custom wallboard solutions I've seen reporting incorrect data).

Best of luck to you.

Tanner Ezell

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8: Expert Administration Cookbook now available! http://amzn.to/GH4NdI

Connect with me on LinkedIn! linkd.in/Imju6x

On May 8, 2012, at 5:33 PM, Rab wrote:

> Although I keep telling my boss that I don't have contact centre experience they carry on throwing the work my way.
>
> My latest task is to gather requirements for a custom wallboard to integrate with UCCX 8.5.
>
> Does anyone have experience in this area and can provide me a few tips for gathering requirements and also any potential recommended products that I can investigate?
>
> As I understand it the may be a free wallboard product out there. Is this correct, is there anything I can download and have a play with?
>
> Thanks .

jason.aarons at dimensiondata

Re: UCCX Wallboard [In reply to]

I like Symon, they have a server that works with their wallboards, gives multiple data points integration. News with CSQ data, etc.

http://www.symon.com/wallboards.shtml

Although I keep telling my boss that I don't have contact centre experience they carry on throwing the work my way.

My latest task is to gather requirements for a custom wallboard to integrate with UCCX 8.5.

Does anyone have experience in this area and can provide me a few tips for gathering requirements and also any potential recommended products that I can investigate?

As I understand it the may be a free wallboard product out there. Is this correct, is there anything I can download and have a play with?

Thanks .

itevomcid

rlafount at cisco

Re: UCCX Wallboard [In reply to]

Hi Rab,

One thing to keep in mind that the system is only designed to be queried on the RtICDSummary and RtCSQsSummary periodically by a wallboard. So, the 'real-time' statistics are written from the Engine's memory to these two tables every X seconds (depending on configuration), but the rest of the tables aren't designed to be queried in a real-time fashion even though the wallboard user has access to these tables. Running periodic complex queries across tables other than RtICDSummary and RtCSQsSummary can affect performance of the box.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/user/guide/uccx85dbschema.pdf

Thank you,

Ryan LaFountain
Unified Contact Center
Cisco Services
Direct: +1 919 392 9898
Hours: M - F 9:00am - 5:00pm Eastern Time

On May 8, 2012, at 5:22 PM, Jason Aarons (AM) wrote:

> I like Symon, they have a server that works with their wallboards, gives multiple data points integration. News with CSQ data, etc.
>
> http://www.symon.com/wallboards.shtml

avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail

Re: UCCX Wallboard [In reply to]

Ryan,

Did you mean to say:

"... even though the wallboard user has access to these tables."

I'm pretty sure everyone is now using the hrcuser account to access all of
the tables.

Also, thanks for the clarification on the problems with accessing the rest
of the DB (non Rt tables) for use as a wallboard.

Perhaps we can get Cisco to expand the data contained within the two Rt
tables, or to include more Rt tables for wallboard use? Let's bring the
solution "above-the-table". Pun intended.

-Anthony

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Ryan LaFountain <rlafount [at] cisco> wrote:

> Hi Rab,
>
> One thing to keep in mind that the system is only designed to be queried
> on the RtICDSummary and RtCSQsSummary periodically by a wallboard. So, the
> 'real-time' statistics are written from the Engine's memory to these two
> tables every X seconds (depending on configuration), but the rest of the
> tables aren't designed to be queried in a real-time fashion even though the
> wallboard user has access to these tables. Running periodic complex
> queries across tables other than RtICDSummary and RtCSQsSummary can affect
> performance of the box.
>

> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/user/guide/uccx85dbschema.pdf
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ryan LaFountain
> Unified Contact Center
> Cisco Services
> Direct: +1 919 392 9898
> Hours: M - F 9:00am - 5:00pm Eastern Time
>

> On May 8, 2012, at 5:22 PM, Jason Aarons (AM) wrote:
>
> > I like Symon, they have a server that works with their wallboards, gives
> multiple data points integration. News with CSQ data, etc.
> >
> > http://www.symon.com/wallboards.shtml

rlafount at cisco

Re: UCCX Wallboard [In reply to]

Hi Anthony,

Good catch, I did not. I think this goes to your point, even I think of wallboards using uccxhruser instead of wallboard user :)

What would you want to see in the real time tables that is not there now?

Re: UCCX Wallboard [In reply to]

Agent state is nice. Basically, everything in Real Time Monitoring. Even
down to how you can select a CSQ name, and get a list of Agents which serve
that CSQ. That's not an easy task to script. I know. I've tried.

-Anthony