Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

CUCM 8.6.2 voice media streaming service issues with hold/transfers?

erickbee at gmail

CUCM 8.6.2 voice media streaming service issues with hold/transfers?

Hi,

Is anyone else seeing problems with CUCM 8.6.2a (base, not SU1 yet)
where calls start to disconnect that involve transfers, putting calls
on hold, etc? Restarting the IP VOICE MEDIA STREAMING service
corrects it for a few days then it happens again. I've looked over the
bug tool kit, hot RSS feeds, and SU1 release notes and not finding
anything that stands out. This involves external calls that come in
MGCP PRIs.

Working on planning update to SU1 but just curious if others have ran
into this issue or not....

Thanks,
Erick

rratliff at cisco

Re: CUCM 8.6.2 voice media streaming service issues with hold/transfers? [In reply to]

Couple potentials if you're leaking calls and new ones are rejected.
CSCty71445
CSCtx65886
CSCty39288

If you are dropping calls after they are established that's different and you'll need to do some trace diagnosis to find out why.

There are a ton of good fixes in SU1 so you'd be very well served to upgrade even if this particular issue isn't fixed.

-Ryan

Re: CUCM 8.6.2 voice media streaming service issues with hold/transfers? [In reply to]

Thanks Ryan. I'm working on getting traces for the failures but there
has only been one or two since restarting IPVMS last and not big
failures like before the restart. That was second time we restarted so
if it is an issue we should see the big failures with calls occur here
in next day or two.

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Ryan Ratliff <rratliff [at] cisco> wrote:
> Couple potentials if you're leaking calls and new ones are rejected.
> CSCty71445
> CSCtx65886
> CSCty39288
>
> If you are dropping calls after they are established that's different and
> you'll need to do some trace diagnosis to find out why.
>
> There are a ton of good fixes in SU1 so you'd be very well served to upgrade
> even if this particular issue isn't fixed.
>
> -Ryan
>
> On May 4, 2012, at 12:28 PM, Erick B. wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone else seeing problems with CUCM 8.6.2a (base, not SU1 yet)
> where calls start to disconnect that involve transfers, putting calls
> on hold, etc?  Restarting the IP VOICE MEDIA STREAMING service
> corrects it for a few days then it happens again. I've looked over the
> bug tool kit, hot RSS feeds, and SU1 release notes and not finding
> anything that stands out. This involves external calls that come in
> MGCP PRIs.
>
> Working on planning update to SU1 but just curious if others have ran
> into this issue or not....
>
> Thanks,
> Erick

erickbee at gmail

Re: CUCM 8.6.2 voice media streaming service issues with hold/transfers? [In reply to]

Ryan,

Do you know if Tomcat bug CSCty36110 is fixed in SU1 (doesn't look
like it) or ES available? Had tomcat problems and had to restart for
CCM Admin, Agent Desktop logins to work again.

Thanks Erick

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Erick B. <erickbee [at] gmail> wrote:
> Thanks Ryan.  I'm working on getting traces for the failures but there
> has only been one or two since restarting IPVMS last and not big
> failures like before the restart. That was second time we restarted so
> if it is an issue we should see the big failures with calls occur here
> in next day or two.
>

> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Ryan Ratliff <rratliff [at] cisco> wrote:
>> Couple potentials if you're leaking calls and new ones are rejected.
>> CSCty71445
>> CSCtx65886
>> CSCty39288
>>
>> If you are dropping calls after they are established that's different and
>> you'll need to do some trace diagnosis to find out why.
>>
>> There are a ton of good fixes in SU1 so you'd be very well served to upgrade
>> even if this particular issue isn't fixed.
>>
>> -Ryan
>>
>> On May 4, 2012, at 12:28 PM, Erick B. wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is anyone else seeing problems with CUCM 8.6.2a (base, not SU1 yet)
>> where calls start to disconnect that involve transfers, putting calls
>> on hold, etc?  Restarting the IP VOICE MEDIA STREAMING service
>> corrects it for a few days then it happens again. I've looked over the
>> bug tool kit, hot RSS feeds, and SU1 release notes and not finding
>> anything that stands out. This involves external calls that come in
>> MGCP PRIs.
>>
>> Working on planning update to SU1 but just curious if others have ran
>> into this issue or not....
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Erick

rratliff at cisco

Re: CUCM 8.6.2 voice media streaming service issues with hold/transfers? [In reply to]

Not in SU1, there is an ES available.

-Ryan

Do you know if Tomcat bug CSCty36110 is fixed in SU1 (doesn't look
like it) or ES available? Had tomcat problems and had to restart for
CCM Admin, Agent Desktop logins to work again.

Thanks Erick

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Erick B. <erickbee [at] gmail> wrote:
> Thanks Ryan. I'm working on getting traces for the failures but there
> has only been one or two since restarting IPVMS last and not big
> failures like before the restart. That was second time we restarted so
> if it is an issue we should see the big failures with calls occur here
> in next day or two.
>

> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Ryan Ratliff <rratliff [at] cisco> wrote:
>> Couple potentials if you're leaking calls and new ones are rejected.
>> CSCty71445
>> CSCtx65886
>> CSCty39288
>>
>> If you are dropping calls after they are established that's different and
>> you'll need to do some trace diagnosis to find out why.
>>
>> There are a ton of good fixes in SU1 so you'd be very well served to upgrade
>> even if this particular issue isn't fixed.
>>
>> -Ryan
>>
>> On May 4, 2012, at 12:28 PM, Erick B. wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is anyone else seeing problems with CUCM 8.6.2a (base, not SU1 yet)
>> where calls start to disconnect that involve transfers, putting calls
>> on hold, etc? Restarting the IP VOICE MEDIA STREAMING service
>> corrects it for a few days then it happens again. I've looked over the
>> bug tool kit, hot RSS feeds, and SU1 release notes and not finding
>> anything that stands out. This involves external calls that come in
>> MGCP PRIs.
>>
>> Working on planning update to SU1 but just curious if others have ran
>> into this issue or not....
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Erick

Wesley.Schochet at childrensmn

Re: CUCM 8.6.2 voice media streaming service issues with hold/transfers? [In reply to]

This really killed me for a couple of weeks. Here's what I figured out:

1. Particularly for IP trunks, you need to make sure you have the require MTP box checked on the trunk.
2. There were no errors in the log. It was never even trying to assign the resources until I checked the box.
3. Because of this, you end up using a lot of MTP resources. I had a very small office on a dedicated server and still had to add MTP resources in the gateway.
Good Luck - let us know what the issue was!

>>> On 5/4/2012 at 11:28 AM, "Erick B." <erickbee [at] gmail> wrote:

Hi,

Is anyone else seeing problems with CUCM 8.6.2a (base, not SU1 yet)
where calls start to disconnect that involve transfers, putting calls
on hold, etc? Restarting the IP VOICE MEDIA STREAMING service
corrects it for a few days then it happens again. I've looked over the
bug tool kit, hot RSS feeds, and SU1 release notes and not finding
anything that stands out. This involves external calls that come in
MGCP PRIs.

Working on planning update to SU1 but just curious if others have ran
into this issue or not....

Thanks,
Erick

Confidentiality Statement:
This email/fax, including attachments, may include confidential
and/or proprietary information and may be used only by the
person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of
this email/fax is not the intended recipient or his or her
agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this email/fax is prohibited. If you
have received this email/fax in error, please notify the sender
by replying to this message and deleting this email or
destroying this facsimile immediately.