Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

MWI Light stuck on or off

ckos1976 at hotmail

MWI Light stuck on or off

Hi All, We have a CUCM cluster in Chicago running CUCM version 8.5.1.13900-5 (1 Pub, 1 Sub) and one Unity server running on version 7.0 with Unified Messaging. Then we have a few remote sites hanging off this cluster running SRST over MPLS. Two separate sites have complained about their MWI light not turning on when they have a message or vice versa. We have refreshed users MWI status and the issue was still happening, we then rebooted the Unity server and the problem had disappeared for a couple of days. I have since had an email from one of the remote locations stating that the MWI light does no come on again, even though they do receive email confirmation and apparently this is happening to a few of the users on site. Any ideas? Regards Cos

svoll.voip at gmail

Re: MWI Light stuck on or off [In reply to]

Back in the day.... I had setup our Unity box to resync the MWI each night
at 2am.

YMMV

Scott

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 2:19 AM, costas georgiou <ckos1976 [at] hotmail>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We have a CUCM cluster in Chicago running CUCM version 8.5.1.13900-5 (1
> Pub, 1 Sub) and one Unity server running on version 7.0 with Unified
> Messaging. Then we have a few remote sites hanging off this
> cluster running SRST over MPLS. Two separate sites have complained about
> their MWI light not turning on when they have a message or vice versa. We
> have refreshed users MWI status and the issue was still happening, we then
> rebooted the Unity server and the problem had disappeared for a couple of
> days. I have since had an email from one of the remote locations stating
> that the MWI light does no come on again, even though they do receive email
> confirmation and apparently this is happening to a few of the users on
> site. Any ideas?
>
> Regards
>
> Cos

mroseatrstone at gmail

Re: MWI Light stuck on or off [In reply to]

Are you getting any messages in Unity when you are refreshing their MWI
status?

We had something similar happen, but we had just decommissioned a CUCM
cluster but left their Unity server up. We ended up having to change a
setting in CUCM.

Michael

Re: MWI Light stuck on or off [In reply to]

We are still getting VM messages but just no light, this is intermittent.

Sent from my iPhone

On 3 May 2012, at 15:39, "Michael Rose" <mroseatrstone [at] gmail> wrote:

> Are you getting any messages in Unity when you are refreshing their MWI status?
>
> We had something similar happen, but we had just decommissioned a CUCM cluster but left their Unity server up. We ended up having to change a setting in CUCM.
>
> Michael

jason.aarons at dimensiondata

Re: MWI Light stuck on or off [In reply to]

Did you check the MWI number CSS/Partition? Perhaps a conflict there. Can you walk up to phone and dial the MWI on/off numbers and turn the lamp on?

You have to enable trace logging on both Unity and CallManager. I suggest a tac case to assist you review the log files.