Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

IPCC-Express version 4 FailSafe mode / error

azhar.bhutta at gmail

IPCC-Express version 4 FailSafe mode / error

Hello all,

I am facing failsafe error in IPCC express version 4 in our contact/sevice
center.IPCC integrated with CUCM version 4.1.3.We have 7835 servers (PUB
and IPCC) running 4.0 with 50 agents.Hard disk Total capacity is 36 GB only
1.7GB space left and Ram is 2GB this is in PUB server.Where as in IPCC
server RAM is 4GB and 36GB of Hard disk.

What I have notice to login into the Publisher server the CPU performance
is 100% every few second to few minutes.The CPU performance is fine at IPCC
server and at sub server.The jtapi provider is registered with pub 1st then
sub 2nd.

where as call processing is done by sub 1st then pub.Also in IPPC the jtapi
is registered with pub and sub host name not with IPs.We have DNS
environment.

What I have done so for when the cpu goes to 100% usage on that we did 2 to
3 test call from the PSTN to the call centre number and the call centre IP
phones goes into failsafe mode.(Meaning all phones ringing at the same
time).So we are able to create this kind of error by ouself.So atleast we
find that this is due to high use of cpu in pub.

I am not 100% sure exactly this is causing or something else or Is it
hardware or application issue?

I need expert views on this topic and please explore some of other issues
related to this error.

You help and expert views are really very much appreciated.

Thanks,

jbuchanan at presidio

Re: IPCC-Express version 4 FailSafe mode / error [In reply to]

I have seen the LDAP Monitor service cause this symptom. Restarting it seems to help or verifying Directory Services.

James Buchanan| UC Technology Manager | Presidio South | Presidio Networked Solutions
12 Cadillac Dr Ste 130 Brentwood, TN 37027 | jbuchanan [at] presidio<mailto:jbuchanan [at] presidio>
[...]

This message w/attachments (message) is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or proprietary. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, and then please delete and destroy all copies and attachments. Please be advised that any review or dissemination of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, the information contained in or attached to this message is prohibited.