Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

UCCX: what features do you use in CET?

wsisk at cisco

UCCX: what features do you use in CET?

We have done some work in mitigating the typically uses for CET to be more user accessible.

Licensing Enhancements in 8.5(1)SU3

The following new capabilities have been added in 8.5(1)SU3 for managing licenses in the systems:

1.The License Information page in AppAdmin (System > License Information > Display License(s)) will display a dropdown box with all the licenses configured in the system (both active and expired). When any license from the dropdown list is selected, the content of that license will be displayed.

2.The Cumulative license information will display the split of temporary and permanent license counts being used.

3.Capability to delete temporary licenses from Appadmin.

4.New commands to View and Delete licenses from Command Line Interface.
a.utils uccx list license
b.utils uccx delete license licenseName

Along with the above licensing enhancements, the following CLI commands have been added in recent versions:

set uccx provider ip axl
set uccx provider ip jtapi
set uccx provider ip rmcm
set uccx appadmin administrator

What else are you using, or contacting TAC to use, CET for?

Regards,
Wes

avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail

Re: UCCX: what features do you use in CET? [In reply to]

I have used CET on several occasions to reset the FRESH_INSTALL flag so
that I may recover a system where there are no admin accounts linked from
CUCM where the password is known.

I realize that this could also be solved if UCCX had the concept of local
accounts which could log into AppAdmin/CRS Editor/etc. This would also be
a nice feature for "service accounts" which are used within scripts and
with the Authenticate User step. Currently, I have to have the AD team
create the service account, and open up my LDAP filter to allow service
accounts to be synced into CUCM.

And while I'm at it, RTMT should be able to authenticate more than a single
shared user account.

Thanks for polling the audience on this one Wes.

Anthony Holloway

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Wes Sisk <wsisk [at] cisco> wrote:

> We have done some work in mitigating the typically uses for CET to be more
> user accessible.
>
> Licensing Enhancements in 8.5(1)SU3
>
> The following new capabilities have been added in 8.5(1)SU3 for managing
> licenses in the systems:
>
> 1.The License Information page in AppAdmin (System > License Information >
> Display License(s)) will display a dropdown box with all the licenses
> configured in the system (both active and expired). When any license from
> the dropdown list is selected, the content of that license will be
> displayed.
>
> 2.The Cumulative license information will display the split of temporary
> and permanent license counts being used.
>
> 3.Capability to delete temporary licenses from Appadmin.
>
> 4.New commands to View and Delete licenses from Command Line Interface.
> a.utils uccx list license
> b.utils uccx delete license licenseName
>
> Along with the above licensing enhancements, the following CLI commands
> have been added in recent versions:
>
> set uccx provider ip axl
> set uccx provider ip jtapi
> set uccx provider ip rmcm
> set uccx appadmin administrator
>
> What else are you using, or contacting TAC to use, CET for?
>
> Regards,
> Wes

jbuchanan at presidio

Re: UCCX: what features do you use in CET? [In reply to]

I missed that set of CLI commands added. Well, that about does it for me.

James Buchanan|UC Technology Manager | Presidio South | PresidioNetworkedSolutions
12 Cadillac Dr Ste 130 Brentwood, TN 37027 | jbuchanan [at] presidio
[...]

This message w/attachments (message) is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or proprietary. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, and then please delete and destroy all copies and attachments. Please be advised that any review or dissemination of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, the information contained in or attached to this message is prohibited.

rlafount at cisco

Re: UCCX: what features do you use in CET? [In reply to]

Hi Anthony,

Will the new CLI command 'set uccx appadmin administrator' solve the first issue you have raised whereby setting CET to FRESH_INSTALL allows you to choose an AppAdmin administrator on the last page?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/configuration/guide/uccx851cli.pdf

I will follow up on the other questions and let you know what I hear.

1. Administratively granting users RTMT access.

2. Service accounts or Application User concept in UCCX.

Thank you,

Ryan LaFountain
Unified Contact Center
Cisco Services
Direct: +1 919 392 9898
Hours: M - F 9:00am - 5:00pm Eastern Time

On Apr 24, 2012, at 10:38 AM, Anthony Holloway wrote:

> I have used CET on several occasions to reset the FRESH_INSTALL flag so that I may recover a system where there are no admin accounts linked from CUCM where the password is known.
>
> I realize that this could also be solved if UCCX had the concept of local accounts which could log into AppAdmin/CRS Editor/etc. This would also be a nice feature for "service accounts" which are used within scripts and with the Authenticate User step. Currently, I have to have the AD team create the service account, and open up my LDAP filter to allow service accounts to be synced into CUCM.
>
> And while I'm at it, RTMT should be able to authenticate more than a single shared user account.
>
> Thanks for polling the audience on this one Wes.
>
> Anthony Holloway
>
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Wes Sisk <wsisk [at] cisco> wrote:
> We have done some work in mitigating the typically uses for CET to be more user accessible.
>
> Licensing Enhancements in 8.5(1)SU3
>
> The following new capabilities have been added in 8.5(1)SU3 for managing licenses in the systems:
>
> 1.The License Information page in AppAdmin (System > License Information > Display License(s)) will display a dropdown box with all the licenses configured in the system (both active and expired). When any license from the dropdown list is selected, the content of that license will be displayed.
>
> 2.The Cumulative license information will display the split of temporary and permanent license counts being used.
>
> 3.Capability to delete temporary licenses from Appadmin.
>
> 4.New commands to View and Delete licenses from Command Line Interface.
> a.utils uccx list license
> b.utils uccx delete license licenseName
>
> Along with the above licensing enhancements, the following CLI commands have been added in recent versions:
>
> set uccx provider ip axl
> set uccx provider ip jtapi
> set uccx provider ip rmcm
> set uccx appadmin administrator
>
> What else are you using, or contacting TAC to use, CET for?
>
> Regards,
> Wes

erickbee at gmail

Re: UCCX: what features do you use in CET? [In reply to]

Another request for the FRESH_INSTALL flag and ability to use RTMT
from normal admin account, or multiple.

Thanks.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 12:22 PM, Ryan LaFountain <rlafount [at] cisco> wrote:
> Hi Anthony,
>
> Will the new CLI command 'set uccx appadmin administrator' solve the first issue you have raised whereby setting CET to FRESH_INSTALL allows you to choose an AppAdmin administrator on the last page?
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/configuration/guide/uccx851cli.pdf
>
> I will follow up on the other questions and let you know what I hear.
>
> 1. Administratively granting users RTMT access.
>
> 2. Service accounts or Application User concept in UCCX.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ryan LaFountain
> Unified Contact Center
> Cisco Services
> Direct: +1 919 392 9898
> Hours: M - F 9:00am - 5:00pm Eastern Time
>

> On Apr 24, 2012, at 10:38 AM, Anthony Holloway wrote:
>
>> I have used CET on several occasions to reset the FRESH_INSTALL flag so that I may recover a system where there are no admin accounts linked from CUCM where the password is known.
>>
>> I realize that this could also be solved if UCCX had the concept of local accounts which could log into AppAdmin/CRS Editor/etc. This would also be a nice feature for "service accounts" which are used within scripts and with the Authenticate User step. Currently, I have to have the AD team create the service account, and open up my LDAP filter to allow service accounts to be synced into CUCM.
>>
>> And while I'm at it, RTMT should be able to authenticate more than a single shared user account.
>>
>> Thanks for polling the audience on this one Wes.
>>
>> Anthony Holloway
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Wes Sisk <wsisk [at] cisco> wrote:
>> We have done some work in mitigating the typically uses for CET to be more user accessible.
>>
>> Licensing Enhancements in 8.5(1)SU3
>>
>> The following new capabilities have been added in 8.5(1)SU3 for managing licenses in the systems:
>>
>> 1.The License Information page in AppAdmin (System > License Information > Display License(s)) will display a dropdown box with all the licenses configured in the system (both active and expired). When any license from the dropdown list is selected, the content of that license will be displayed.
>>
>> 2.The Cumulative license information will display the split of temporary and permanent license counts being used.
>>
>> 3.Capability to delete temporary licenses from Appadmin.
>>
>> 4.New commands to View and Delete licenses from Command Line Interface.
>> a.utils uccx list license
>> b.utils uccx delete license licenseName
>>
>> Along with the above licensing enhancements, the following CLI commands have been added in recent versions:
>>
>> set uccx provider ip axl
>> set uccx provider ip jtapi
>> set uccx provider ip rmcm
>> set uccx appadmin administrator
>>
>> What else are you using, or contacting TAC to use, CET for?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Wes

Eric.Butcher at cdw

Re: UCCX: what features do you use in CET? [In reply to]

Seconded. Changing the fresh_install flag. Upgrade to new hardware and
changing IP's before bringing the cluster up.

Eric Butcher
Cisco Unified Communications Engineer
CDW Professional Services
11711 N Meridian, Ste 225
Carmel, IN 46032
( 317.569.4282 V Single Number Reach
eric.butcher [at] cdw
http://www.cdw.com/

>>> Wes

cmcglamry at forsythe

Re: UCCX: what features do you use in CET? [In reply to]

Technically not supported, but I've used it in the past in a parallel build/refresh situation so that I could change both the IP address AND the host names.

Cliff McGlamry, CCIE Voice #24757
Master Consultant
(678) 934-0348 direct
(404) 969-9806 mobile
(678) 934-0448 fax
cmcglamry [at] forsythe

Forsythe Technology, Inc.
400 Interstate North Parkway
Suite 860
Atlanta, GA 30339
http://www.forsythe.com

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY:
The information contained in this email transmission is confidential information which may contain information that is legally privileged and prohibited from disclosure under applicable law or by contractual agreement. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named above.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email transmission is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone to arrange for the return of the original transmission to us.

Eric.Butcher at cdw

Re: UCCX: what features do you use in CET? [In reply to]

Well, changing the hostname pre-import from PUT (backing up with put from
one hostname, installing to new server with different hostname) is
supported. Changing hostname any other time is not supported.