Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP
UCS & Cisco UC VM configuration

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

kiwi.voice at gmail

UCS & Cisco UC VM configuration

Hi guys,
My customer recently purchased the UCS "UC bundle" which is C210M2 TRC#1
(UCS-C210M2-VCD2). I read that if i remove RAM from the UCS, anything
lesser than the amount specified in TRC, it is no longer considered as TRC
(tested reference config), i must follow spec based VM support. Is there
any major difference? Will cisco tac give me any trouble?

The reason is each UC VM on average used 6gb. I can only host up to 4 UC VM
(assuming each VM needs 2vCPU) in each UCS . Including overhead, the most I
will be using 30gb of ram. I can at least remove 16GB from each UCS.

I have dedicated UCS just to run "3rd party VM" not supported by cisco such
as Windows server OS. I would like to give this UCS more ram since there's
no silly limitation such as ===> applications require a 1:1 mapping of VM
vCPU cores to physical CPU cores.

Cheers,
Ki Wi