UCCX 7.x vs 8.5

Can someone please tell me what are the biggest feature updates/advantages of UCCX 8.x over 7.x? (besides porting UCCX to Linux)

roger.wiklund at gmail

Re: UCCX 7.x vs 8.5 [In reply to]

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 6:25 AM, Mark Holloway <mh [at] markholloway> wrote:
> Can someone please tell me what are the biggest feature updates/advantages of UCCX 8.x over 7.x? (besides porting UCCX to Linux)

Top 3 new features that we use are:

Virtualization support
Windows 7 support for CAD/CSD
HA over WAN

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/release/notes/uccx_802_rn.pdf
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/release/guide/uccx851rn.pdf

I belive UCCX 7.0(2) fixes Windows 7 support but I have not tried it.

jbuchanan at presidio

Re: UCCX 7.x vs 8.5 [In reply to]

7.0(2) does fix that.

James Buchanan| UC Technology Manager | Presidio South | Presidio Networked Solutions
12 Cadillac Dr Ste 130 Brentwood, TN 37027 | jbuchanan [at] presidio
On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 6:25 AM, Mark Holloway <mh [at] markholloway> wrote:
> Can someone please tell me what are the biggest feature updates/advantages of UCCX 8.x over 7.x? (besides porting UCCX to Linux)

Top 3 new features that we use are:

Virtualization support
Windows 7 support for CAD/CSD
HA over WAN

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/release/notes/uccx_802_rn.pdf
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/release/guide/uccx851rn.pdf

I belive UCCX 7.0(2) fixes Windows 7 support but I have not tried it.

jason.aarons at dimensiondata

Re: UCCX 7.x vs 8.5 [In reply to]

I agree Windows 7 is top driver, then HA across WAN.

Be sure to go to latest UCCX plus install the UCCX cop files from CLI not GUI. Early versions of CallManager 8.5 also had a lot of CTI manager bugs.

Sent from my Android phone using TouchDown (www.nitrodesk.com)