Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

Timezone not showing up on phones...

jonvoip at gmail

Feb 18, 2012, 7:57 PM

Timezone not showing up on phones...

CUCM 8.6, phones running 9.2.1; Cisco 7900s are not picking up the timezone
from CCM, so they are showing GMT.

Timezone is configured for EST, but phones are blank (on their web pages)
for timezone...

Jonathan

jonvoip at gmail

Feb 18, 2012, 9:05 PM

Re: Timezone not showing up on phones... [In reply to]

Just some more info, a phone runnning 8.3.2 shows the correct timezone;
upgraded them to 8.3.3 and it still had the timezone; upgraded to 9.2.1 and
it retained it.

Tried downgrading the other phones, they wouldn't take the firmware (made
no effort to download it); also noticed that the other phones are only
registered to the Publisher. All phones are in the same device pool.

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 9:57 PM, Jonathan Charles <jonvoip [at] gmail> wrote:

> CUCM 8.6, phones running 9.2.1; Cisco 7900s are not picking up the
> timezone from CCM, so they are showing GMT.
>
> Timezone is configured for EST, but phones are blank (on their web pages)
> for timezone...
>

> Jonathan

jason.aarons at dimensiondata

Feb 19, 2012, 7:10 AM

Re: Timezone not showing up on phones... [In reply to]

I ran into this last month, search Puck.

Doing a tftp get from my laptop the cfg file is sent with a Timezone, however the phone doesn't show it. This would indicate a phone firmware load issue.

After a couple 7965 resets I couldn't reproduce the problem.

You need the 7965 Console logs on the phone. Open a TAC case and have your Cisco SE reference my case 619772405.

Just some more info, a phone runnning 8.3.2 shows the correct timezone; upgraded them to 8.3.3 and it still had the timezone; upgraded to 9.2.1 and it retained it.

Tried downgrading the other phones, they wouldn't take the firmware (made no effort to download it); also noticed that the other phones are only registered to the Publisher. All phones are in the same device pool.

CUCM 8.6, phones running 9.2.1; Cisco 7900s are not picking up the timezone from CCM, so they are showing GMT.

Timezone is configured for EST, but phones are blank (on their web pages) for timezone...

Jonathan

itevomcid

wsisk at cisco

Feb 19, 2012, 7:59 AM

Re: Timezone not showing up on phones... [In reply to]

Based on this and your previous post I suspect an ITL issue. Are your phones are downloading signed config files AND trusting them?
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17679

/wes