Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

Unity Connection Upload a greeting

me at mpking

Feb 10, 2012, 11:58 AM

Unity Connection Upload a greeting

So I have a new computer. Old one is not accessible.

I need to upload a greeting to a call handler in Unity Connection.
Greeting is created by a third party, and they do this professionally, so
I'm sure it's in the right format (See below)

I can browse to the file, and "open" it. It will show on the page. I can
even play it to verify that it's the right greeting. I click save. It says
"greeting updated" on the top, yet it's still my old greeting.

I'm sure this is a Java version thing.

Anyone have an idea how I can fix this? (Which version of Java, disable a
"feature")

Mike

lelio at uoguelph

Feb 10, 2012, 12:01 PM

Re: Unity Connection Upload a greeting [In reply to]

key thing - does it play the correct greeting after you log out and go back in and use the media master bar again?

if so, then check which greetings are enabled, some trump others.

your greeting will need to be enabled and not be trumped by others. for example, alternate trumps holiday, trumps closed, trumps busy, trumps internal, trumps standard.

could be wrong about busy/internal.

i'm sure it's written down in the help page somewhere.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (ANNU)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)

So I have a new computer. Old one is not accessible.

I need to upload a greeting to a call handler in Unity Connection. Greeting is created by a third party, and they do this professionally, so I'm sure it's in the right format (See below)

I can browse to the file, and "open" it. It will show on the page. I can even play it to verify that it's the right greeting. I click save. It says "greeting updated" on the top, yet it's still my old greeting.

I'm sure this is a Java version thing.

Anyone have an idea how I can fix this? (Which version of Java, disable a "feature")

Mike

me at mpking

Feb 10, 2012, 12:06 PM

Re: Unity Connection Upload a greeting [In reply to]

It does not play the correct greeting after I log out and go back in and
use the media master bar.

Actually, it only plays the correct greeting in media
master Immediately after I upload it. If I leave the page (Hitting save
before I do so) and return, the old greeting persists.

I had this before with a different machine, and but my laptop always
worked, so I never troubleshot it. Now my laptop is un-available, so I'm
stuck with trying to get this to work.

I'm about 95% positive it's a java thing, since I see threads about this
back in 2009 with the same issues.

I'm on Windows 7, with java 6 update 30. I tried it on another laptop with
Winxp, IE7 java 6 update 30.

I'm sure it's just that I need a specific java version. Cisco has always
been "awesome" with that stuff.

Mike

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Lelio Fulgenzi <lelio [at] uoguelph> wrote:

> key thing - does it play the correct greeting after you log out and go
> back in and use the media master bar again?
>
> if so, then check which greetings are enabled, some trump others.
>
> your greeting will need to be enabled and not be trumped by others. for
> example, alternate trumps holiday, trumps closed, trumps busy, trumps
> internal, trumps standard.
>
> could be wrong about busy/internal.
>
> i'm sure it's written down in the help page somewhere.
>

> ---
> Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
> Senior Analyst (CCS) * University of Guelph * Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
> (519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (ANNU)
> Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
> - LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)
>

> ------------------------------

lelio at uoguelph

Feb 10, 2012, 12:18 PM

So I have a new computer. Old one is not accessible.

I need to upload a greeting to a call handler in Unity Connection. Greeting is created by a third party, and they do this professionally, so I'm sure it's in the right format (See below)

I can browse to the file, and "open" it. It will show on the page. I can even play it to verify that it's the right greeting. I click save. It says "greeting updated" on the top, yet it's still my old greeting.

I'm sure this is a Java version thing.

Anyone have an idea how I can fix this? (Which version of Java, disable a "feature")

Mike

me at mpking

Feb 10, 2012, 12:46 PM

Re: Unity Connection Upload a greeting [In reply to]

Think I got it

I saw a reference to Java 6 Update 7 in one of the threads. So I loaded
this (ontop of Update 30)

Java still reports that it's Update 30 that's running, but the Media Master
menu bar works now. (the recordings stick).

Funny part, Cisco Unity Connection Software Compatibility matrix says to
run the latest version of Java.

Mike

me at mpking

Mar 14, 2012, 6:57 PM

Re: Unity Connection Upload a greeting [In reply to]

Yea, so this came up again.

My company is migrating to all VDI desktops (with nobody having admin
rights), so the machine has the latest version of Java, which doesn't work,
and I can't change the version (or add another version)

Spent a few hours troubleshooting, and found that if I added the site to
the trusted zone, things work fine, so it's less a java thing, and more an
IE security settings thing.

Mike

lelio at uoguelph

Mar 14, 2012, 7:05 PM

Re: Unity Connection Upload a greeting [In reply to]

Not sure if this is related, but I had quite a few issues with IE9 (I think that's the latest). I also had to add my Connection and CUCM host names into the trusted hosts as well as manually load the certificates into the Trusted Root Certificates folder because the auto way did not work.

Sent from my iPhone...

"There's no place like 127.0.0.1"