Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery - Outbound SIP trunk call forward

bill at hitechconnection

Feb 4, 2011, 8:05 AM

Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery - Outbound SIP trunk call forward

I have a SIP trunk from Quest. They require the outbound caller-ID to be a
10-digit number assigned to that SIP trunk. When a user places an outbound
call I have the external phone number mask set to their 10 digit DID. When
the user sets their phone to CFA to a cell phone the call fails. We set the
Calling party selection to first redirected number and check Redirecting
Diversion Header Deliver on the CUCM SIP trunk. Now the gateway sees the
four digit extension of the original caller. I would like to send the
original caller 10-digit number as the caller-id but if I can't do that how
can I send the IP phones 10 digit number as the caller-id so the call
completes correctly.

rratliff at cisco

Feb 4, 2011, 8:49 AM

Re: Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery - Outbound SIP trunk call forward [In reply to]

I'm pretty sure you need to use the SIP normalization feature in 8.5 to manipulate diverting numbers with SIP.

You can read about what this feature can be used for at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/sip_tn/8_5_1/1-overview.html

The New and Changed doc is at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/8_5_1/delta/delta.html#wp1820363.

If nobody here has already whipped up a script to apply a mask to a diversion header then maybe the forums at developer.cisco.com can help.

Note that these custom scripts are not TAC supported.

-Ryan