Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

Unity Connection 8 MWI inconsistent

bms314 at gmail

Jan 25, 2011, 7:07 AM

Unity Connection 8 MWI inconsistent

We have a Unity Connection server running 8.0.2.10000-12. MWI has been
working fine. This week, MWI lights are inconsistent. Some new messages
are not showing any MWI at all. Some phones have MWI on all the time even
without new messages. I tried searching the bug toolkit, but am not really
seeing any matches. Has anyone else run into something similar to this?
Tried to resync MWI, but no change. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian

fhunt at cogdell

Jan 25, 2011, 7:43 AM

Re: Unity Connection 8 MWI inconsistent [In reply to]

You haven't recently moved subscriber mailboxes to Exchange 2010 have
you?

Fred

We have a Unity Connection server running 8.0.2.10000-12. MWI has been
working fine. This week, MWI lights are inconsistent. Some new
messages are not showing any MWI at all. Some phones have MWI on all
the time even without new messages. I tried searching the bug toolkit,
but am not really seeing any matches. Has anyone else run into
something similar to this? Tried to resync MWI, but no change. Any
ideas?

Thanks,
Brian

bms314 at gmail

Jan 25, 2011, 7:46 AM

Re: Unity Connection 8 MWI inconsistent [In reply to]

Nope, running Unity Connection 8.0, Exchange is not involved.

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Fred Hunt <fhunt [at] cogdell> wrote:

> You havenít recently moved subscriber mailboxes to Exchange 2010 have you?
>

> Fred

bms314 at gmail

Jan 25, 2011, 4:06 PM

Re: Unity Connection 8 MWI inconsistent [In reply to]

Aggghhhh...turns out this is actually a CallManager issue. Got bit by the
I4 hard drive bug where the hard drive has to be recovered via the system
recovery disk. The phones were still registered to the Subscriber that was
corrupted, but apparently MWI couldn't sync with UCxn. After moving the
phones to the Pub (which wasn't corrupted), all was better.

Brian