Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

How to get the list of Registration Rejected Phones from CUCM?

ciscozest at gmail

Aug 13, 2010, 6:09 PM

How to get the list of Registration Rejected Phones from CUCM?

We had deployed many IP phones through our contractor but then many
phones have 'registration rejected' error message. Most likely the MAC
addresses we got are not the actual. We are not using CUCM 7.1.3 as DHCP
server. Is there a way we can run SQL query (CLI) from CUCM or through
RTMT for getting the list of those rejected phone model and MAC addresses?

Thanks,
Denny

lelio at uoguelph

Aug 13, 2010, 6:18 PM

Re: How to get the list of Registration Rejected Phones from CUCM? [In reply to]

The MAC address in the alarm will be the actual MAC address of the
phone that has not been configured. I don't think this information is
stored anywhere other than in the trace files and your syslog server
(if so configured).

Don't look at me, my iPod maid that spilling mistake.

On 2010-08-13, at 9:10 PM, ciscozest <ciscozest [at] gmail> wrote:

> We had deployed many IP phones through our contractor but then many
> phones have 'registration rejected' error message. Most likely the
> MAC addresses we got are not the actual. We are not using CUCM 7.1.3
> as DHCP server. Is there a way we can run SQL query (CLI) from CUCM
> or through RTMT for getting the list of those rejected phone model
> and MAC addresses?
>
> Thanks,
> Denny

ealeatherman at gmail

Aug 14, 2010, 10:47 AM

Re: How to get the list of Registration Rejected Phones from CUCM? [In reply to]

syslog is how i catch these.

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 9:18 PM, Lelio Fulgenzi <lelio [at] uoguelph> wrote:
> The MAC address in the alarm will be the actual MAC address of the phone
> that has not been configured. I don't think this information is stored
> anywhere other than in the trace files and your syslog server (if so
> configured).
>
> …
> Don't look at me, my iPod maid that spilling mistake.
>
> On 2010-08-13, at 9:10 PM, ciscozest <ciscozest [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> We had deployed many IP phones through our contractor but then many phones
>> have 'registration rejected' error message. Most likely the MAC addresses we
>> got are not the actual. We are not using CUCM 7.1.3 as DHCP server. Is there
>> a way we can run SQL query (CLI) from CUCM or through RTMT for getting the
>> list of those rejected phone model and MAC addresses?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Denny

Ed Leatherman