Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

Inbound dial-peers

VanMarenNP at ldschurch

Feb 8, 2010, 1:16 PM

Inbound dial-peers

I have some gateways that have connections to both the PSTN and to the PBX.

My general rule is that if a called number is 5 digits, it's from the PBX so don't route the call back to the PBX.

This worked great when I only had PRIs that were delivering 10 digit DNIS. When it was 10 digits, I translated to the extension and allowed it to route the call to the PBX.

Now I have moved the PRIs that were connected to the PBX from PSTN, and they also are sending 5 digits. So I run them through a translation on the gateway to turn that into 10 digits so the call manager will let the call go back to the PBX if it needs to.

So what I really want is a way to specify which ports I turn the 5 digits into 10 digits. However voice-port is the 4th thing that is matched for inbound dial-peers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml

My main dial-peer is something like

dial-peer voice 2 pots
trunkgroup QWest
description ** QWest T1 PRI Inbound pots dial-peer **
translation-profile incoming FROMPSTN
call-block translation-profile incoming BadPeople
call-block disconnect-cause incoming user-busy
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial

Any ideas from the group?

Thanks
Nate VanMaren
Engineer,Sr
CCIE #7911
ICS GOIS - Network Core
Information and Communications Systems Department
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
VanMarenNP [at] ldschurch
+18012400624

kthorngr at cisco

Feb 8, 2010, 2:36 PM

Re: Inbound dial-peers [In reply to]

You can put the voice translation profiles directly on the voice
port. Will this work for your config?
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml#con7

Kevin
On Feb 8, 2010, at 4:16 PM, Nate VanMaren wrote:

> I have some gateways that have connections to both the PSTN and to
> the PBX.
>
> My general rule is that if a called number is 5 digits, it's from
> the PBX so don't route the call back to the PBX.
>
> This worked great when I only had PRIs that were delivering 10 digit
> DNIS. When it was 10 digits, I translated to the extension and
> allowed it to route the call to the PBX.
>
> Now I have moved the PRIs that were connected to the PBX from PSTN,
> and they also are sending 5 digits. So I run them through a
> translation on the gateway to turn that into 10 digits so the call
> manager will let the call go back to the PBX if it needs to.
>

> So what I really want is a way to specify which ports I turn the 5
> digits into 10 digits. However voice-port is the 4th thing that is
> matched for inbound dial-peers.
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml
>
> My main dial-peer is something like
>
> dial-peer voice 2 pots
> trunkgroup QWest
> description ** QWest T1 PRI Inbound pots dial-peer **
> translation-profile incoming FROMPSTN
> call-block translation-profile incoming BadPeople
> call-block disconnect-cause incoming user-busy
> incoming called-number .
> direct-inward-dial
>

> Any ideas from the group?
>
> Thanks
> Nate VanMaren
> Engineer,Sr
> CCIE #7911
> ICS GOIS - Network Core
> Information and Communications Systems Department
> The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
> VanMarenNP [at] ldschurch
> +18012400624

> recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
> information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
> please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of
> the original message.

VanMarenNP at ldschurch

Feb 8, 2010, 2:38 PM

Re: Inbound dial-peers [In reply to]

Ahh.

When are these applied? I am assuming they would be applied like the ones on the dial-peer, so used in outbound dial-peer selection, but before the translations on the inbound dial-peer?

-Nate

You can put the voice translation profiles directly on the voice
port. Will this work for your config?
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml#con7

Kevin
On Feb 8, 2010, at 4:16 PM, Nate VanMaren wrote:

> I have some gateways that have connections to both the PSTN and to
> the PBX.
>
> My general rule is that if a called number is 5 digits, it's from
> the PBX so don't route the call back to the PBX.
>
> This worked great when I only had PRIs that were delivering 10 digit
> DNIS. When it was 10 digits, I translated to the extension and
> allowed it to route the call to the PBX.
>
> Now I have moved the PRIs that were connected to the PBX from PSTN,
> and they also are sending 5 digits. So I run them through a
> translation on the gateway to turn that into 10 digits so the call
> manager will let the call go back to the PBX if it needs to.
>

> So what I really want is a way to specify which ports I turn the 5
> digits into 10 digits. However voice-port is the 4th thing that is
> matched for inbound dial-peers.
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml
>
> My main dial-peer is something like
>
> dial-peer voice 2 pots
> trunkgroup QWest
> description ** QWest T1 PRI Inbound pots dial-peer **
> translation-profile incoming FROMPSTN
> call-block translation-profile incoming BadPeople
> call-block disconnect-cause incoming user-busy
> incoming called-number .
> direct-inward-dial
>

> Any ideas from the group?
>
> Thanks
> Nate VanMaren
> Engineer,Sr
> CCIE #7911
> ICS GOIS - Network Core
> Information and Communications Systems Department
> The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
> VanMarenNP [at] ldschurch
> +18012400624

> recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
> information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
> please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of
> the original message.

kthorngr at cisco

Feb 8, 2010, 3:44 PM

Re: Inbound dial-peers [In reply to]

They are applied to the inbound or outbound call setup at the voice
port. For an inbound call an incoming translation profile on the
voice port will be applied before IOS matches the inbound dial peer.
An outgoing translation profile on a voice port will be applied to the
call setup sent out the port - after the outbound dial peer.

Kevin