Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

Patch Panel suggestions for VG224

jeff at cia

Jan 18, 2010, 6:52 AM

Patch Panel suggestions for VG224

Does anyone have any patch panels they like that work with the VG224?

I'm looking for something to break it out in a 19" cabinet where I can use
patch cables to patch VG224 ports into an existing IDF. In the past I've
had it broken out to a 66 block and cross connected into existing house
cable between 66 blocks.

This design is a little different and I'm wondering if anyone has found a
panel I can plug the 25 pair cable into directly and have it line up
properly in the center two pins without breaking it out and punching it down
manually? I'm thinking I may not find a cable that breaks out the amphenol
connector to 24 RJ45 style jacks properly.

Thanks,

-Jeff

ben.story at gmail

Jan 18, 2010, 6:59 AM

Re: Patch Panel suggestions for VG224 [In reply to]

Panduit has one that fits the bill.

VP24382TV25Y
<javascript:showgraphic('http://www.panduit.com/stellent/images/panduit/details/NVP24382TV25.jpg')>

- Consists of single female telco 50-pin/25-pair connector with hook
and loop fasteners wired for common active voice equipment
24 RJ45 ports with pins 4 and 5 active in each port
Telco connector with hook and loop fasteners accommodate 180, 110, or
90 degree patch cord connectors on back of patch panel
Does not require use of a punchdown tool
Mounts to standard EIA 19" rack or 23" racks with optional extender
bracket
Write-on areas available for port identification
Can be clearly identified with optional labels and icons

Part NumberVP24382TV25Y RoHS Compliancy StatusCompliant NoteVP24382TV25Y
replaces VP24382TV25 Part Description24-port patch panel with 24 RJ45 ports
wired to one RJ21 telco connector. Product TypeVoice Patch Panel CE
CompliantNo No. of Rack Spaces1 Patch Panel StyleFlat Pricing
DescriptionVoice
Patch Panel (RJ45 to RJ21), 1 Pair, Flat, 24 Port UNSPSC43223301

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Jeff Garvas <jeff [at] cia> wrote:

> Does anyone have any patch panels they like that work with the VG224?
>
> I'm looking for something to break it out in a 19" cabinet where I can use
> patch cables to patch VG224 ports into an existing IDF. In the past I've
> had it broken out to a 66 block and cross connected into existing house
> cable between 66 blocks.
>
> This design is a little different and I'm wondering if anyone has found a
> panel I can plug the 25 pair cable into directly and have it line up
> properly in the center two pins without breaking it out and punching it down
> manually? I'm thinking I may not find a cable that breaks out the amphenol
> connector to 24 RJ45 style jacks properly.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Jeff

Ben Story CCSP, CCDA

ssarrick at drsllc

Jan 18, 2010, 7:10 AM

Re: Patch Panel suggestions for VG224 [In reply to]

I use an Ortronics panel from Graybar. OR-808004921 is the part number.
One of those and an Amphenol patch (OR-804025PP005-1GY) cable will work
just fine.

Does anyone have any patch panels they like that work with the VG224?

I'm looking for something to break it out in a 19" cabinet where I can
use patch cables to patch VG224 ports into an existing IDF. In the
past I've had it broken out to a 66 block and cross connected into
existing house cable between 66 blocks.

This design is a little different and I'm wondering if anyone has found
a panel I can plug the 25 pair cable into directly and have it line up
properly in the center two pins without breaking it out and punching it
down manually? I'm thinking I may not find a cable that breaks out the
amphenol connector to 24 RJ45 style jacks properly.

Thanks,

-Jeff

jeff at cia

Jan 19, 2010, 6:09 AM

Re: Patch Panel suggestions for VG224 [In reply to]

Thanks Steve. I like Ben's because its an RJ45 jack. So RJ45 patch
cables can be used. (and its 1U in height) But I almost bought this
since its graybar and i think they're an approved vendor...

-jeff

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Steve Sarrick <ssarrick [at] drsllc> wrote:

> I use an Ortronics panel from Graybar. OR-808004921 is the part number.
> One of those and an Amphenol patch (OR-804025PP005-1GY) cable will work just
> fine.

JMad at cityofevanston

Jan 19, 2010, 9:02 AM

Re: Patch Panel suggestions for VG224 [In reply to]

Found this as well...

Looks like the OR-808004389 might fit the bill as well.

Page 22 - for a listing of their panels

http://tiny.cc/8Lwfv

(pdf)