Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

Unity Connection Call handlers transerring to a hunt group

nobrien at datapac

Nov 11, 2009, 2:02 AM

Unity Connection Call handlers transerring to a hunt group

Hi there,

I'm setting up some auto attendants for a customer and I'm having
trouble with what I thought was the easiest part. Each handler option
needs to transfer out of unity to a CallManager hunt group. However,
the only options I appear to have are to transfer to a "User with a
Mailbox". I think unless I create a mailbox for the huntgroup extn# it
won't give me the option.

I don't understand what the "Transfer Options" are within the call
handler or if I need to use that. The transferring to hunt groups is
controlled by the caller input options.

I simply want to transfer out to a hunt group.

Thanks in advance,

Neil

lelio at uoguelph

Nov 11, 2009, 2:39 AM

Re: Unity Connection Call handlers transerring to a hunt group [In reply to]

You'll need to create another call handler first, say "TransferTo-
ExampleHG-CH", and configure that call handler to transfer to the
appropriate DN. Then from within any other call handler, you can
reference it. This has advantages, you only have to change the DN in
one spot if changes are ever required.

Lelio Fulgenzi, Senior Analyst
Computing & Communications
University of Guelph
519-824-4120 x56354

...sent from my iPod - please pardon my fat fingers ;)

[XKJ2000]

On 2009-11-11, at 5:06 AM, "O'Brien, Neil" <nobrien [at] datapac> wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> I’m setting up some auto attendants for a customer and I’m having
> trouble with what I thought was the easiest part. Each handler opt
> ion needs to transfer out of unity to a CallManager hunt group. How
> ever, the only options I appear to have are to transfer to a “User w
> ith a Mailbox”. I think unless I create a mailbox for the huntgroup
> extn# it won’t give me the option.
>

> I don’t understand what the “Transfer Options” are within the
> call handler or if I need to use that. The transferring to hunt gro
> ups is controlled by the caller input options.
>

> I simply want to transfer out to a hunt group.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Neil

nobrien at datapac

Nov 11, 2009, 5:50 AM

Re: Unity Connection Call handlers transerring to a hunt group [In reply to]

Hi Lelio,

It doesn’t appear to work. I’ve set up a new CH and linked it into the AutoAttendant, and set it’s transfer options to transfer to an extension instead of the greeting however each time I do this it just tells me the “extension is not available” regardless of whether it’s the hunt group or an extension that definitely works (my extn#). But it does work if I use the Caller input and transfer to a “User with mailbox” extn.

Any ideas off the top of your head – I’ll continue to play around with it, although it doesn’t make much sense to me.

Thanks for your help,

Neil

I’m setting up some auto attendants for a customer and I’m having trouble with what I thought was the easiest part. Each handler option needs to transfer out of unity to a CallManager hunt group. However, the only options I appear to have are to transfer to a “User with a Mailbox”. I think unless I create a mailbox for the huntgroup extn# it won’t give me the option.

I don’t understand what the “Transfer Options” are within the call handler or if I need to use that. The transferring to hunt groups is controlled by the caller input options.

I simply want to transfer out to a hunt group.

Thanks in advance,

Neil

pat-cv at wcyv

Nov 11, 2009, 7:16 AM

Re: Unity Connection Call handlers transerring to a hunt group [In reply to]

That sounds like the transfer is going to the system greeting.
Sometimes it helps to watch the call flow through the (remote) port
status monitor, to spot where things go wrong.

A couple of reasons this would happen:

1. On the originating call handler where you configured the caller
input, you selected 'go directly to greeting' instead of 'attempt
transfer'

2. On the dummy call handler, make sure you are configuring the
correct transfer rule - if active, the alternate and closed rules will
take priority over the standard. Whichever rule is active, ensure it
is configured to send to Extension and not Greeting.

3. You configured UC correctly and the transfer is actually attempted
but fails due to CSS problem on CUCM - check the CSS of ports (skinny)
or the Rerouting CSS (SIP) and ensure it includes the partition of the
DN you are trying to transfer to.

Finally, an alternate configuration on UC 7.1(2)ish and later is,
under caller input on the originating call handler, select call action
"Transfer to alternate contact number" and enter the extension you
wish to transfer to. This eliminates the need for the dummy call
handler/user, but can only be done as a release/blind transfer (no
supervised option).

nobrien at datapac

Nov 11, 2009, 8:11 AM

Re: Unity Connection Call handlers transerring to a hunt group [In reply to]

Hi Guys,

OK So I'm getting somewhere with this, I just don't know where.
Confused.com!

The way I understand it is:

1) Define my Originating call handler - "Thank you for calling....."

2) Define the second call handler that the originating one hands off to
- "Press 1 for sales......."

3) I press one for sales and what I want to happen is that it goes to
the sales hunt group 3586.

4) So I define another handler called TransferToSales and send the
caller input for "1" in the second handler to go to the TransferToSales
handler. I set the transfer options in this handler, under the standard
option to transfer to extn 3586. The way I have interpreted the
transfer options is that if it's set to greeting, it will transfer to
the greeting of that handler. If it's set to extension, it will skip
the greetings associated with that handler and immediately try the
configured extn.

I'm getting a lot of different conflicting results for the
TransferToSales handler in that it won't transfer directly to the extn.
Changing the settings in the standard greetings for this handler seems
to affect what happens, so my theory of it skipping the handler
greetings when the transfer options are set to extension must be wrong??

An absolute mess of an email but I hope you can follow!!

Thanks again for your help,

Neil