Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

Excel CDR file

voicenoob at gmail

Jul 21, 2009, 7:26 PM

Excel CDR file

Does anyone have an excel spreadsheet that they can share to use with
dumping the CDR files form CUCM 6.x and above? I will dump all of the
records for a 7 day period into a single file and then want to display that
in excel in a somewhat readable format. Thanks.

wsisk at cisco

Jul 22, 2009, 7:10 AM

Re: Excel CDR file [In reply to]

CAR has an export features that dumps to CSV format. that imports
directly into excel. can you clarify what else you may desire?

On Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:26:49 PM , Voice Noob <voicenoob [at] gmail>
wrote:

> Does anyone have an excel spreadsheet that they can share to use with
> dumping the CDR files form CUCM 6.x and above? I will dump all of the
> records for a 7 day period into a single file and then want to display
> that in excel in a somewhat readable format. Thanks.

voicenoob at gmail

Jul 22, 2009, 8:24 AM

Re: Excel CDR file [In reply to]

If someone already has an excel spreadsheet that has some macros to search
for specific fields and convert the time stamps correctly. Does CDR still
export in EPOCH time?

CAR has an export features that dumps to CSV format. that imports directly
into excel. can you clarify what else you may desire?

On Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:26:49 PM , Voice Noob
Does anyone have an excel spreadsheet that they can share to use with
dumping the CDR files form CUCM 6.x and above? I will dump all of the
records for a 7 day period into a single file and then want to display that
in excel in a somewhat readable format. Thanks.

_____

macwired at gmail

Jul 22, 2009, 2:49 PM

Re: Excel CDR file [In reply to]

I have used Pivot tables in Excel for this very purpose on the raw cdr
exports. Just search for cdr pivot tables in google and you will see some
good examples, or you could search in the dreaded excel help files.

Shawn

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Voice Noob <voicenoob [at] gmail> wrote:

> If someone already has an excel spreadsheet that has some macros to
> search for specific fields and convert the time stamps correctly. Does CDR
> still export in EPOCH time?

sgsdev at gmail

Jul 22, 2009, 3:25 PM

Re: Excel CDR file [In reply to]

Check these links:

http://www.blindhog.net/convert-epoch-time-in-excel/
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186
a00801d71c5.shtml#understand

you can translate the timestamp with this method:

1.
Put the timestamp in cell a1.

2.
In cell a2, enter =a1/86400+25569.

3.
To apply a new format to this cell, right-click and choose Format cells >
Numbers > Custom. In the Type field, enter dd:mmm:yyyy hh:mm.

The output looks like this:

04 Apr 2001, 13:57

All examples shown assume that the CDR time stamp is in column A.

GMT - Greenwich Mean Time - This is the standard example you see across the
Internet
=(A1/86400)+25569

EST - Eastern Standard Time (GMT - 5:00)
=((A1-18000)/86400)+25569

CST - Central Standard Time (GMT - 6:00)
=((A1-21600)/86400)+25569

MST - Mountain Standard Time (GMT - 7:00)
=((A1-25200)/86400)+25569

PST - Pacific Standard Time (GMT - 8:00)
=((A1-28800)/86400)+25569

Now set your column format to a Date field to your liking.

_____