Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

UCCX Scripting

SBarron at stinson

Feb 10, 2009, 8:10 AM

UCCX Scripting

Does anyone have any resources to recommend to learn basic to advanced scripting? Also does anyone know of a content sharing forum for such scripts? I am not trying to reinvent the wheel, but would be interested to see what others are doing, and what exactly are the real world capabilities and limitations of UCCX.

Thanks

Steve

This communication is from a law firm and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If it has been sent to you in error, please contact the sender for instructions concerning return or destruction, and do not use or disclose the contents to others...

swalberg at gmail

Feb 10, 2009, 8:32 AM

Re: UCCX Scripting [In reply to]

http://uccx.net is a good resource.

However I have to caution you to take scripts you find on the net with a
grain of salt. A lot of the people developing UCCX scripts aren't
programmers, and the code is just horrible. Even the holiday script in the
official Cisco UCCXD course, which is widely copied, makes me cringe for its
inappropriate use of XML and XPath.

The scripting guides on Cisco.com are good resources, especially volume 3.
It shows how to do some interesting things with the Java language within the
scripts. It also has the proper way to use XML and XPath, which makes me
wonder if the people developing the courseware ever RTFM.

</rant> :)

Sean

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Barron, Stephen M. <SBarron [at] stinson>wrote:

> Does anyone have any resources to recommend to learn basic to advanced
> scripting? Also does anyone know of a content sharing forum for such
> scripts? I am not trying to reinvent the wheel, but would be interested to
> see what others are doing, and what exactly are the real world capabilities
> and limitations of UCCX.
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve
>
> This communication is from a law firm and may contain confidential and/or
> privileged information. If it has been sent to you in error, please contact
> the sender for instructions concerning return or destruction, and do not use
> or disclose the contents to others...

Sean Walberg <sean [at] ertw> http://ertw.com/

craig at staffin

Re: UCCx scripting [In reply to]

Just curious but whats the end goal?

To do this you would create a variable to hold the prompt. Then use the
record prompt step and put it into that variable.

Then under the select resource step go under connect. Play the recorded
prompt then put the connect step in.

If you have questions let me know.

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Scott Voll <svoll.voip [at] gmail> wrote:

> What are the parts I need in a UCCx script to record (lets say a name) and
> what do I need to play the name to an extension before I finish the
> transfer.
>
> I'm trying do the same thing Unity does with a recording a name and then
> managing the transfer to an extension.
>
> Thanks
>
> Scott
>
> PS. UCCx 7.0

svoll.voip at gmail

Re: UCCx scripting [In reply to]

Craig--

I found the recording option. it records to a Doc rather then a prompt, but
seems to work. I can still play it.

My problem is transferring to an extension and then playing it.

In Unity you can record a name and do a supervised transfer and have it play
the name then transfer the user into the extension (meetme conference).

We are getting ready to decommission our Unity server so I'm trying to move
stuff off of it. Other ideas?

Scott

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Craig Staffin <craig [at] staffin> wrote:

> Just curious but whats the end goal?
>
> To do this you would create a variable to hold the prompt. Then use the
> record prompt step and put it into that variable.
>
> Then under the select resource step go under connect. Play the recorded
> prompt then put the connect step in.
>
> If you have questions let me know.
>
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Scott Voll <svoll.voip [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> What are the parts I need in a UCCx script to record (lets say a name)
>> and what do I need to play the name to an extension before I finish the
>> transfer.
>>
>> I'm trying do the same thing Unity does with a recording a name and then
>> managing the transfer to an extension.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Scott
>>
>> PS. UCCx 7.0

svoll.voip at gmail

Re: UCCx scripting [In reply to]

on the script manual.... you have to love this:

Call consult transfer:

Note This step cannot be used to play any prompts to the destination.

No pointers on how to do it..... Just you can't do it here...... Love that.

Scott

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Scott Voll <svoll.voip [at] gmail> wrote:

> Craig--
>
> I found the recording option. it records to a Doc rather then a prompt,
> but seems to work. I can still play it.
>
> My problem is transferring to an extension and then playing it.
>
> In Unity you can record a name and do a supervised transfer and have it
> play the name then transfer the user into the extension (meetme conference).
>
> We are getting ready to decommission our Unity server so I'm trying to move
> stuff off of it. Other ideas?
>
> Scott
>

> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Craig Staffin <craig [at] staffin> wrote:
>
>> Just curious but whats the end goal?
>>
>> To do this you would create a variable to hold the prompt. Then use the
>> record prompt step and put it into that variable.
>>
>> Then under the select resource step go under connect. Play the recorded
>> prompt then put the connect step in.
>>
>> If you have questions let me know.
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Scott Voll <svoll.voip [at] gmail> wrote:
>>
>>> What are the parts I need in a UCCx script to record (lets say a name)
>>> and what do I need to play the name to an extension before I finish the
>>> transfer.
>>>
>>> I'm trying do the same thing Unity does with a recording a name and then
>>> managing the transfer to an extension.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Scott
>>>
>>> PS. UCCx 7.0

craig at staffin

Re: UCCx scripting [In reply to]

hmmm you are correct I was thinking of sending to an agent.

It is kinda strange BUT you could place a call to the meetme play the
recorded prompt. Hangup then do the transfer. Pretty sure that would work.

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Scott Voll <svoll.voip [at] gmail> wrote:

> Craig--
>
> I found the recording option. it records to a Doc rather then a prompt,
> but seems to work. I can still play it.
>
> My problem is transferring to an extension and then playing it.
>
> In Unity you can record a name and do a supervised transfer and have it
> play the name then transfer the user into the extension (meetme conference).
>
> We are getting ready to decommission our Unity server so I'm trying to move
> stuff off of it. Other ideas?
>
> Scott
>
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Craig Staffin <craig [at] staffin> wrote:
>
>> Just curious but whats the end goal?
>>
>> To do this you would create a variable to hold the prompt. Then use the
>> record prompt step and put it into that variable.
>>
>> Then under the select resource step go under connect. Play the recorded
>> prompt then put the connect step in.
>>
>> If you have questions let me know.
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Scott Voll <svoll.voip [at] gmail> wrote:
>>
>>> What are the parts I need in a UCCx script to record (lets say a name)
>>> and what do I need to play the name to an extension before I finish the
>>> transfer.
>>>
>>> I'm trying do the same thing Unity does with a recording a name and then
>>> managing the transfer to an extension.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Scott
>>>
>>> PS. UCCx 7.0

JBF005 at shsu

Re: UCCx scripting [In reply to]

I gotta go into the lab and figure out how to do this now. I will get to it
this afternoon.

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Fuermann, Jason <JBF005 [at] shsu> wrote:

> I was thinking call consult transfer, but the step reference specifically
> says you can’t play a prompt. So it looks like Craig’s way is the only way.

bill at hitechconnection

Oct 13, 2011, 9:00 AM

Re: UCCX Scripting [In reply to]

Do you hear the prompt in your play prompt step before it saves?

The only thing I see different in mine is I am specifying the language as
L[en_US] instead of using the default.