Mailing List Archive: Cisco: uBR

Toshiba PCX2200 Cable Modem problems

Cisco ubr RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

helmwork at ruraltel

Aug 18, 2004, 12:26 PM

Toshiba PCX2200 Cable Modem problems

Hello,

We recently purchased several Cable TV/Internet properties. Since the
switchover, we have had several (over 20) Toshiba PCX 2200 Cable Modems
that will not come online with a Fastflow provisioning server. These
modems are spread over 4 different towns and 4 different Cisco 7100 CMTS.
They were working prior to our conversion from the old provisioning
company's custom provisioning server.
The modems sync up to the CMTS, they get an IP from the DHCP server, but
they fail on the TFTP transfer. It starts, but fails after a bit.
I can ping the modems in question during this period that they are
trying to download the config file.
It is a very basic 1.0 config file in question.

We can take a Motorola modem to the same customer's house, and it works
just fine.

Any ideas as to why this may be happening?

Thanks,
/Eric

Cisco ubr RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded