Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

Phone Registration Question

Brandon.Ogden at amersports

Oct 19, 2007, 8:53 AM

Phone Registration Question

Strange Registration question... I have the last three phones that I am
trying to register; they are phones that were not connected when I
brought my publisher on line. I am having a problem where it appears
the phone is pulling an IP Address, but is not registering. The status
on the phone indicates a DHCP Timeout. If I leave the phone connected
overnight, the next morning when I come in... it is up and running
great!

I can reset and delete and recreate any other phones that are existing
with no problems.

Any ideas?

Brandon

jonvoip at gmail

Oct 19, 2007, 9:19 AM

Re: Phone Registration Question [In reply to]

Could be a voice vlan issue... is it getting an ip address for the
default tftp server?

Also, if your CCMs are listed by name and are not in DNS, it could be
taking that long to fail to the default tftp server.

Jonathan

On 10/19/07, Ogden, Brandon <Brandon.Ogden [at] amersports> wrote:

> Strange Registration question... I have the last three phones that I am
> trying to register; they are phones that were not connected when I brought
> my publisher on line. I am having a problem where it appears the phone is
> pulling an IP Address, but is not registering. The status on the phone
> indicates a DHCP Timeout. If I leave the phone connected overnight, the
> next morning when I come inů it is up and running great!
>

> I can reset and delete and recreate any other phones that are existing with
> no problems.
>

> Any ideas?
>
> Brandon

svoll.voip at gmail

Oct 19, 2007, 9:52 AM

Re: Phone Registration Question [In reply to]

are these phone on a vlan that doesn't have DNS access.

I've seen issues with DNS could NOT resolve the CMPUB.

Scott

On 10/19/07, Jonathan Charles <jonvoip [at] gmail> wrote:

> Could be a voice vlan issue... is it getting an ip address for the
> default tftp server?
>
> Also, if your CCMs are listed by name and are not in DNS, it could be
> taking that long to fail to the default tftp server.
>

> Jonathan
>
> On 10/19/07, Ogden, Brandon <Brandon.Ogden [at] amersports> wrote:
> >

> > Strange Registration question... I have the last three phones that I am
> > trying to register; they are phones that were not connected when I
> brought
> > my publisher on line. I am having a problem where it appears the phone
> is
> > pulling an IP Address, but is not registering. The status on the phone
> > indicates a DHCP Timeout. If I leave the phone connected overnight,
> the
> > next morning when I come inů it is up and running great!
> >

> > I can reset and delete and recreate any other phones that are existing
> with
> > no problems.
> >

> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Brandon

Brandon.Ogden at amersports

Oct 19, 2007, 12:03 PM

Re: Phone Registration Question [In reply to]

I just added the CCM's to the DNS and it did not seem to solve the
problem... It does not appear they are getting the TFTP server ip's.
This phone I am working on was working fine yesterday, was unplugged
overnight, and now wont register. But if I leave it overnight, I can
all but promise it will be registered tomorrow. VLAN's etc. has not
changed. I have several hundred phones registered, but any new phone is
taking forever.

Brandon

Could be a voice vlan issue... is it getting an ip address for the
default tftp server?

Also, if your CCMs are listed by name and are not in DNS, it could be
taking that long to fail to the default tftp server.

Jonathan

On 10/19/07, Ogden, Brandon <Brandon.Ogden [at] amersports> wrote:

> Strange Registration question... I have the last three phones that I
am
> trying to register; they are phones that were not connected when I
brought
> my publisher on line. I am having a problem where it appears the
phone is
> pulling an IP Address, but is not registering. The status on the
phone
> indicates a DHCP Timeout. If I leave the phone connected overnight,
the
> next morning when I come in... it is up and running great!
>

> I can reset and delete and recreate any other phones that are existing
with
> no problems.
>

> Any ideas?
>
> Brandon

jonvoip at gmail

Oct 19, 2007, 12:34 PM

Re: Phone Registration Question [In reply to]

OK, the IP address that they are getting, take a look at the DHCP
scope (go to the DHCP server (first line of the network config on the
phone)).

Does option 150 exist on this scope? Does it point to your CCM Publisher?

Jonathan

On 10/19/07, Ogden, Brandon <Brandon.Ogden [at] amersports> wrote:
> I just added the CCM's to the DNS and it did not seem to solve the
> problem... It does not appear they are getting the TFTP server ip's.
> This phone I am working on was working fine yesterday, was unplugged
> overnight, and now wont register. But if I leave it overnight, I can
> all but promise it will be registered tomorrow. VLAN's etc. has not
> changed. I have several hundred phones registered, but any new phone is
> taking forever.
>
> Brandon

rema21 at excite

Nov 8, 2007, 11:25 PM

Re: Phone Registration Question [In reply to]

I'm having problem registering new 7961G and 7941G to a CUCM-BE.
It shows "Registration Rejected: Error Misma..." on phones.

Status Messages on Phone shows:
DNS Timeout CUCM-BE60
No CTL installed
File not found: CTLFile.tvl

CUCM-BE is running Active Version 6.0.1.1000-37
And phone load is SCCP41.8-3-1S.

Phone is getting the right IP address, and the TFTP IP address is corect.

I didn't have any problems registering other Cisco phones.

Does anyone know why?

rratliff at cisco

Nov 9, 2007, 7:11 AM

Re: Phone Registration Question [In reply to]

Are you auto-registering the phone or did you add it manually to the
database? If you added it manually make sure it is added as the
correct device type. That's the only type of mismatch I can think of
that would cause a registration reject.

-Ryan

I'm having problem registering new 7961G and 7941G to a CUCM-BE.
It shows "Registration Rejected: Error Misma..." on phones.

Status Messages on Phone shows:
DNS Timeout CUCM-BE60
No CTL installed
File not found: CTLFile.tvl

CUCM-BE is running Active Version 6.0.1.1000-37
And phone load is SCCP41.8-3-1S.

Phone is getting the right IP address, and the TFTP IP address is
corect.

I didn't have any problems registering other Cisco phones.

Does anyone know why?

cheesevoice at gmail

Nov 10, 2007, 3:50 PM

Re: Phone Registration Question [In reply to]

to Echo what Ryan added, last time I added 7960G phone someone pointed out
teh ethernet ports were only 10/100 so I had to delete them and add them
back in as just 7960's (no G)

hope that helps

Kevin

On 11/9/07, rema21 [at] excite <rema21 [at] excite> wrote:

> I'm having problem registering new 7961G and 7941G to a CUCM-BE.
> It shows "Registration Rejected: Error Misma..." on phones.
>

> Status Messages on Phone shows:
> DNS Timeout CUCM-BE60
> No CTL installed
> File not found: CTLFile.tvl
>

> CUCM-BE is running Active Version 6.0.1.1000-37
> And phone load is SCCP41.8-3-1S.
>

> Phone is getting the right IP address, and the TFTP IP address is corect.
>

> I didn't have any problems registering other Cisco phones.
>
> Does anyone know why?

rema21 at excite

Nov 11, 2007, 12:19 PM

Re: Phone Registration Question [In reply to]

Although I think I allready tried that, i't makes sence so i'll give it another shoot.

Thanx for replays...

jonvoip at gmail

Nov 12, 2007, 7:09 AM

Re: Phone Registration Question [In reply to]

The G here is a the Global phone (icons instead of English words on
the buttons...)...

For the GigE phones, those are labeled -GE ...

Also, (at least on CCM4.1), the 7960G is not an option (see attached)...

On Nov 10, 2007 5:50 PM, Kevin Dunn <cheesevoice [at] gmail> wrote:
> to Echo what Ryan added, last time I added 7960G phone someone pointed out
> teh ethernet ports were only 10/100 so I had to delete them and add them
> back in as just 7960's (no G)
>
> hope that helps
>
> Kevin
>

> On 11/9/07, rema21 [at] excite <rema21 [at] excite> wrote:
> >

> > I'm having problem registering new 7961G and 7941G to a CUCM-BE.
> > It shows "Registration Rejected: Error Misma..." on phones.
> >

> > Status Messages on Phone shows:
> > DNS Timeout CUCM-BE60
> > No CTL installed
> > File not found: CTLFile.tvl
> >

> > CUCM-BE is running Active Version 6.0.1.1000-37
> > And phone load is SCCP41.8-3-1S.
> >

> > Phone is getting the right IP address, and the TFTP IP address is corect.
> >

> > I didn't have any problems registering other Cisco phones.
> >
> > Does anyone know why?

Attachments: Phones.jpg (64.9 KB)

rema21 at excite

Dec 2, 2007, 11:29 PM

Re: Phone Registration Question [In reply to]

Hi,

i have another registration problem, 4 of my 7910 and one 7902 phone won't register on CUCM-BE.

7910 recognize cucm-be as Call Manager 1 but won't get the ip address and register on Communication Manager.

It get's to configuring CM list and then restarts.

ecastro05 at gmail

Dec 2, 2007, 11:39 PM

Re: Phone Registration Question [In reply to]

It may be a network issue. Can you ping your callmanager server from the
port where your phones are connected?

On 12/2/07, rema21 [at] excite <rema21 [at] excite> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i have another registration problem, 4 of my 7910 and one 7902 phone won't
> register on CUCM-BE.
>
> 7910 recognize cucm-be as Call Manager 1 but won't get the ip address and
> register on Communication Manager.
>
> It get's to configuring CM list and then restarts.

rema21 at excite

Dec 2, 2007, 11:59 PM

Re: Phone Registration Question [In reply to]

We allready pluged another phone on that port and it worked.
Those phones where on the old Call Manager, we erased the previous settings but new settings won't upload, only the Call Managers name.

It may be a network issue. Can you ping your callmanager server from the port where your phones are connected?