Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

auto dial

svoll.voip at gmail

Aug 30, 2007, 2:42 PM

auto dial

How do I set an ATA port (elevator phone) to dial a number on pick up?

Sorry for the simple question. I just don't have time to research.

TIA

Scott

Nesen.Kisten at za

Aug 30, 2007, 2:45 PM

Re: auto dial [In reply to]

Hi,

Create a blank translation pattern and set your number to dial within the translation patttern.

Regards

________________________________

How do I set an ATA port (elevator phone) to dial a number on pick up?

Sorry for the simple question. I just don't have time to research.

TIA

Scott

"http://www.dimensiondata.com/emaildisclaimer.htm"

rsingleton at morsco

Aug 30, 2007, 2:51 PM

Re: auto dial [In reply to]

On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 23:45 +0200, Nesen Kisten (ZA) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Create a blank translation pattern and set your number to dial within
> the translation patttern.

I would expand that to say create a separate calling search space for
the phone, a separate partition for the translation pattern and make
sure that no other calling search space includes the partition used for
the translation pattern, or you'll suddenly have all phones dialing that
number upon picking up and nobody will be able to call you about
it... :)

I'm not saying that's exactly what happened to me or anything...

Robert