Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

path code violation error

gokhanciscottl at yahoo

Aug 21, 2007, 1:38 AM

path code violation error

Hi
I have trouble on my pri line. The line comes from SDH but the distance between the line termination point and the router is 200 meters and i put 2 alcatel modems between them.
As you can see on the output i am getting PATH CODE VIOLATION error.
I talked telecom an they sai everything is ok on their config. do you have any idea about the error below.
This error often causes stopping speeching on the line

thanks a lot

network-clock-participate wic 2
network-clock-select 1 E1 0/2/0

controller E1 0/2/0
pri-group timeslots 1-31 service mgcp

E1 0/2/0 is up.
Applique type is Channelized E1 - balanced
No alarms detected.
alarm-trigger is not set
Version info Firmware: 20060711, FPGA: 13, spm_count = 0
Framing is CRC4, Line Code is HDB3, Clock Source is Line.
CRC Threshold is 320. Reported from firmware is 320.
Data in current interval (691 seconds elapsed):
0 Line Code Violations, 173 Path Code Violations
0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins
0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs
Total Data (last 1 15 minute intervals):
0 Line Code Violations, 234 Path Code Violations,
0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins,
0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs

Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
http://travel.yahoo.com/

pwalenta at wi

Aug 21, 2007, 5:54 AM

Re: path code violation error [In reply to]

You might want to look at the "cablelength" command under your E1
controller.

_____

[...]

Be a better Globetrotter. Get
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48254/*http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/_ylc=X3oDMTI
5MGx2aThyBF9TAzIxMTU1MDAzNTIEX3MDMzk2NTQ1MTAzBHNlYwNCQUJwaWxsYXJfTklfMzYwBHN
sawNQcm9kdWN0X3F1ZXN0aW9uX3BhZ2U-?link=list&sid=396545469> better travel
answers from someone who knows.
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.