Mailing List Archive: Cisco: NSP

MTU Size of a 3com 3550 SI

jcposeidon at cantv

Aug 6, 2007, 9:03 AM

MTU Size of a 3com 3550 SI

Dears

I know this is a list of cisco, but I really need to know If any one
of you knows if the Ethernet MTU Size of the 3com 5500 SI Switch its
higher than 1500 ?

Thanks

acm at casablanca

Aug 6, 2007, 1:34 PM

Re: MTU Size of a 3com 3550 SI [In reply to]

Hi,

3com 55xx means actually Huawei S56xx series. Jumbos supported as well
as QinQ. I'm not sure where they make the difference between SI/EI,
because Huawei just have one sw version with all the features.

---

GigabitEthernet1/0/1 current state : UP
IP Sending Frames' Format is PKTFMT_ETHNT_2, Hardware address is
000f-e23e-4f41
Media type is twisted pair, loopback not set
Port hardware type is 1000_BASE_T
1000Mbps-speed mode, full-duplex mode
Link speed type is autonegotiation, link duplex type is autonegotiation
Flow-control is not enabled
The Maximum Frame Length is 9216

---

Regards
LP

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 12:03 -0400, Juan C. Crespo R. wrote:
> Dears
>
> I know this is a list of cisco, but I really need to know If any one
> of you knows if the Ethernet MTU Size of the 3com 5500 SI Switch its
> higher than 1500 ?
>
> Thanks

Lubomir Pinkava
network administrator
Casablanca INT
Czech Republic
(+420)267132035

This email was written using Debian GNU/Linux operating system,
therefore it cannot contain any popular windows family viruses. Sender
does not accept binary MS Office document formats, see
http://www.acmik.org/acm/noword.html.

acm at casablanca

Aug 7, 2007, 3:40 AM

Re: MTU Size of a 3com 3550 SI [In reply to]

My mistake, sorry...

[5500-SI]display interface GigabitEthernet 1/0/25
GigabitEthernet1/0/25 current state : DOWN
IP Sending Frames' Format is PKTFMT_ETHNT_2, Hardware address is
0016-e0e1-019b
Media type is not sure, loopback not set
Port hardware type is 1000_SFP_NO_CONNECTOR
Unknown-speed mode, unknown-duplex mode
Link speed type is autonegotiation, link duplex type is autonegotiation
Flow-control is not enabled
The Maximum Frame Length is 1522

It's 39xx series, not 56xx :(

Lubos