Mailing List Archive: Cisco: NSP

6500 chassis serial number from IOS?

mrz at velvet

Jan 11, 2007, 3:07 PM

6500 chassis serial number from IOS?

Is there a command to find the chassis serial number on a 6500 running IOS?

cf at utc

Jan 11, 2007, 3:17 PM

Re: 6500 chassis serial number from IOS? [In reply to]

matthew zeier wrote:

Hi,

>Is there a command to find the chassis serial number on a 6500 running IOS?

Take a look at the "sh idprom <item>" command. You can specify
"backplane" (also visible with "sh ver").

Hope this helps.

chip.gwyn at gmail

Jan 11, 2007, 3:23 PM

Re: 6500 chassis serial number from IOS? [In reply to]

On 1/11/07, matthew zeier <mrz [at] velvet> wrote:

> Is there a command to find the chassis serial number on a 6500 running
> IOS?

I'm not sure of the command, but you can grab it with SNMP:

snmpwalk -v1 -c private-community c6506-spare.atl .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.3.6.3
enterprises.cisco.temporary.6.3.0 = "<YOUR SERIAL>"

--chip

--
Just my $.02, your mileage may vary, batteries not included, etc....

chip.gwyn at gmail

Jan 11, 2007, 3:25 PM

Re: 6500 chassis serial number from IOS? [In reply to]

On 1/11/07, chip <chip.gwyn [at] gmail> wrote:

> On 1/11/07, matthew zeier <mrz [at] velvet> wrote:
> >

> > Is there a command to find the chassis serial number on a 6500 running
> > IOS?
> >

> I'm not sure of the command, but you can grab it with SNMP:
>
> snmpwalk -v1 -c private-community c6506-spare.atl .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.3.6.3
> enterprises.cisco.temporary.6.3.0 = "<YOUR SERIAL>"
>
> --chip
>
> --
> Just my $.02, your mileage may vary, batteries not included, etc....

And Other stuffs:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/SNMP/chassis.shtml

--
Just my $.02, your mileage may vary, batteries not included, etc....

lists at hojmark

Jan 11, 2007, 3:30 PM

Re: 6500 chassis serial number from IOS? [In reply to]

> Is there a command to find the chassis serial number on a
> 6500 running IOS?

'sh ver' will show a 'processor board ID', which is actually
the chassis serial number. Recent IOSs also have 'sh inv'.

-A

tianys at gmail

Jan 17, 2007, 5:22 PM

Re: 6500 chassis serial number from IOS? [In reply to]

*show inventory*

2007/1/12, Christophe Fillot <cf [at] utc>:

> matthew zeier wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> >Is there a command to find the chassis serial number on a 6500 running
> IOS?
> >

> Take a look at the "sh idprom <item>" command. You can specify
> "backplane" (also visible with "sh ver").
>
> Hope this helps.

姓名:田云生
单位:东莞市信息中心
电话:0769-2830350
手机:13058550909
Email: tianys [at] dg; tianys [at] gmail

gbnews at oeaw

Jan 17, 2007, 7:31 PM

Re: 6500 chassis serial number from IOS? [In reply to]

Do find out serial number(example inventory) you can also following tools (http://www.spoerr.org/wktools/)

Little description:

OVERVIEW:

wktools3 is a collection of small programs to make life easier for System and Field engineers, especially for those who deal with Cisco.

wktools3 is FREEWARE and only available for Windows. Use at your own risk!

The tools are the following:

* Config Maker: To simply generate many similar files/configurations. There are two data sources needed to achieve this: A pattern file and a data file.
* Configure Devices: To push a config file to a network device. Supported protocols are Telnet, SSHv1, SSHv2 and Serial Console.
* IP List: To find and store IP addresses in config files
* Compare Files: To compare two files. The differences are highlighted
* Device Information Parser: To parse Text files with "show" output from Cisco devices for Serial numbers, Module Information... - Very useful for making an inventory of your installed base.
* PIX Session Status: To display the active sessions on a PIX firewall in table format.

To get more information please refer to the Documentation.

The newest version of the tool can be downloaded here (http://www.spoerr.org/wktools/download.htm). No installation is needed - it is only an exe file with some dll's.
A screenshot can be found here. (http://www.spoerr.org/wktools/screenshot.JPG)

2007/1/12, Christophe Fillot <cf [at] utc>:

> matthew zeier wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> >Is there a command to find the chassis serial number on a 6500
> >running
> IOS?
> >

> Take a look at the "sh idprom <item>" command. You can specify
> "backplane" (also visible with "sh ver").
>
> Hope this helps.

濮撳悕锛氱敯浜戠敓
鍗曚綅锛氫笢鑾炲競淇℃伅涓績
鐢佃瘽锛0769-2830350