Mailing List Archive: Cisco: NSP

Check Heaps Process [High CPU]

risnaini at indo

Aug 30, 2006, 5:31 AM

Check Heaps Process [High CPU]

Dear NSP list,

Does any body has your router to increase the CPU on check heaps process
particularly ?
What may cause this to raise up ?
I did googling for some information, but still got not much explanation.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

a.Rahman Isnaini.r.sutan
Network Operation

PT. IndoInternet
Operation Office:
Gedung Cyber Lt. 8
Jl. Kuningan Barat No. 8
Jakarta 12710, Indonesia
O: +62.21.5296,0202
F: +62.21.527.1850

E: risnaini [at] indo
W: www.indo.net.id

.:: ipv6 address 2404:170::253:10

rodunn at cisco

Aug 30, 2006, 5:55 AM

Re: Check Heaps Process [High CPU] [In reply to]

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 07:31:50PM +0700, a. Rahman Isnaini r. Sutan wrote:
> Dear NSP list,
>

> Does any body has your router to increase the CPU on check heaps process
> particularly ?

Every router we make does it. It simply runs in the background as a low
priority every 60 seconds looking for any signs of memory corruption.

You can simply ignore it.

Make sure nobody has turned on any of the 'scheduler heapcheck' additional
checks.