Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Cisco: NSP

Cisco A9K and third party SFP issues

 

 

Cisco nsp RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


tomtom40502 at charter

Jul 18, 2012, 1:41 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1183 views)
Permalink
Cisco A9K and third party SFP issues

Anyone else having issues with Vertex CWDM SFPs not functioning on the
20x1GE in a MOD80-TR running asr9k-os-mbi-4.0.1?
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list cisco-nsp [at] puck
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/


jstuxuhu0816 at gmail

Jul 18, 2012, 6:17 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1123 views)
Permalink
Re: Cisco A9K and third party SFP issues [In reply to]

Try to search one command to type into Cisco equipment, by default cannot recognise the third party transceiver.

Thanks and regards,
Xu Hu

On 19 Jul, 2012, at 4:41, TomTom40502 <tomtom40502 [at] charter> wrote:

> Anyone else having issues with Vertex CWDM SFPs not functioning on the 20x1GE in a MOD80-TR running asr9k-os-mbi-4.0.1?
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list cisco-nsp [at] puck
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list cisco-nsp [at] puck
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/


matt.addison at lists

Jul 18, 2012, 6:48 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1121 views)
Permalink
Re: Cisco A9K and third party SFP issues [In reply to]

transceiver permit pid all
On the interface

And
service unsupported-transceiver
In global.

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 18, 2012, at 21:18, Xu Hu <jstuxuhu0816 [at] gmail> wrote:

> Try to search one command to type into Cisco equipment, by default cannot recognise the third party transceiver.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Xu Hu
>
> On 19 Jul, 2012, at 4:41, TomTom40502 <tomtom40502 [at] charter> wrote:
>
>> Anyone else having issues with Vertex CWDM SFPs not functioning on the 20x1GE in a MOD80-TR running asr9k-os-mbi-4.0.1?
>> _______________________________________________
>> cisco-nsp mailing list cisco-nsp [at] puck
>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
>> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list cisco-nsp [at] puck
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list cisco-nsp [at] puck
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/


jstuxuhu0816 at gmail

Jul 18, 2012, 10:03 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1124 views)
Permalink
Re: Cisco A9K and third party SFP issues [In reply to]

I remember usually I just type the global command, then it works.

Thanks and regards,
Xu Hu

On 19 Jul, 2012, at 9:48, Matt Addison <matt.addison [at] lists> wrote:

> transceiver permit pid all
> On the interface
>
> And
> service unsupported-transceiver
> In global.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Jul 18, 2012, at 21:18, Xu Hu <jstuxuhu0816 [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> Try to search one command to type into Cisco equipment, by default cannot recognise the third party transceiver.
>>
>> Thanks and regards,
>> Xu Hu
>>
>> On 19 Jul, 2012, at 4:41, TomTom40502 <tomtom40502 [at] charter> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone else having issues with Vertex CWDM SFPs not functioning on the 20x1GE in a MOD80-TR running asr9k-os-mbi-4.0.1?
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> cisco-nsp mailing list cisco-nsp [at] puck
>>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
>>> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> cisco-nsp mailing list cisco-nsp [at] puck
>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
>> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list cisco-nsp [at] puck
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/


tomtom40502 at charter

Jul 25, 2012, 3:30 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1068 views)
Permalink
Re: Cisco A9K and third party SFP issues [In reply to]

Thanks everyone for your help.

We found that the ASR still refused to cooperate after we verified the
interface and global commands listed below, were in use.

We then tried an Integra SFP that declares itself to be a Cisco in the
PID. Good to go!

NAME: "module mau GigabitEthernet0/2/CPU0/1", DESCR: "Cisco CWDM SFP
1530 nm; Gigabit Ethernet and 1G/2G FC"

PID: CWDM-SFP-1530 , VID: V02 , SN: EOSC4J60159



On 7/18/2012 10:03 PM, Xu Hu wrote:
> I remember usually I just type the global command, then it works.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Xu Hu
>
> On 19 Jul, 2012, at 9:48, Matt Addison<matt.addison [at] lists> wrote:
>
>> transceiver permit pid all
>> On the interface
>>
>> And
>> service unsupported-transceiver
>> In global.
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On Jul 18, 2012, at 21:18, Xu Hu<jstuxuhu0816 [at] gmail> wrote:
>>
>>> Try to search one command to type into Cisco equipment, by default cannot recognise the third party transceiver.
>>>
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Xu Hu
>>>
>>> On 19 Jul, 2012, at 4:41, TomTom40502<tomtom40502 [at] charter> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Anyone else having issues with Vertex CWDM SFPs not functioning on the 20x1GE in a MOD80-TR running asr9k-os-mbi-4.0.1?
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> cisco-nsp mailing list cisco-nsp [at] puck
>>>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
>>>> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> cisco-nsp mailing list cisco-nsp [at] puck
>>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
>>> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list cisco-nsp [at] puck
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Cisco nsp RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.