Mailing List Archive: Cisco: NSP

best for IPTV: pure L3 multicast, Draft Rosen MVPN, MLDP based MVPN?

adam.vitkovsky at swan

best for IPTV: pure L3 multicast, Draft Rosen MVPN, MLDP based MVPN?

Hi,

I'd like to ask what are your operational experiences with Cisco's MLDP
based MVPNs -is it worth implementing or do you know of any hidden
drawbacks?

Or should we better stick with the L3 m-cast + the MoFRR for resiliency

I'm asking because I'd love to have all services under the mpls umbrella
though not for all costs

thx

adam