values. Every time i need to boot manually.

Any solution regarding the NVRAM.

Where can i find the NVRAM on the supervisor board, is there any chance to
replace with new NVRAM memory.

Thanks
Bye
Ambi.

jstuxuhu0816 at gmail

Re: Cisco 6509 sup2 NVRAM corrupted.. [In reply to]

First make sure it is a hardware problem or other issues.
After manual boot, dir nvram to check whether the hardware can recognise or not.
If can, maybe it is a bug.
If cannot, pull out the card, change a new one. Since I also donn't know how to change the hardware, cannot give you a better idea.

Thanks and regards,
Xu Hu

On 2 Apr, 2012, at 16:07, Ambedkar <p.ambedkar [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am having a Cisco 6509 sup-2 switch which is booting properly. When i
> diagnose it says NVRAM area is corrupted and initializing to default
> values. Every time i need to boot manually.
>
> Any solution regarding the NVRAM.
>
> Where can i find the NVRAM on the supervisor board, is there any chance to
> replace with new NVRAM memory.
>
> Thanks
> Bye
> Ambi.

td_miles at yahoo

Re: Cisco 6509 sup2 NVRAM corrupted.. [In reply to]

Given that it's "only" a SUP-2 wouldn't it just be easier to obtain a 2nd hand one (eg. ebay) for a few hundred, rather than mess around trying to replace/solder NVRAM on an existing one ?

Of course this is assuming it is a hardware issue, but again, a replacement one will tell you fairly quickly if this is the case and also give you a spare if it's NOT the problem.

regards,
Tony.

________________________________
First make sure it is a hardware problem or other issues.
After manual boot, dir nvram to check whether the hardware can recognise or not.
If can, maybe it is a bug.
If cannot, pull out the card, change a new one. Since I also donn't know how to change the hardware, cannot give you a better idea.

Thanks and regards,
Xu Hu

On 2 Apr, 2012, at 16:07, Ambedkar <p.ambedkar [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am having a  Cisco 6509 sup-2 switch which is booting properly. When i
> diagnose it says NVRAM area is corrupted and initializing to default
> values. Every time i need to boot manually.
>
> Any solution regarding the NVRAM.
>
> Where can i find the NVRAM on the supervisor board, is there any chance to
> replace with new NVRAM memory.
>
> Thanks
> Bye
> Ambi.

nicotine at warningg

Re: Cisco 6509 sup2 NVRAM corrupted.. [In reply to]

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 01:37:38PM +0530, Ambedkar wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having a Cisco 6509 sup-2 switch which is booting properly. When i
> diagnose it says NVRAM area is corrupted and initializing to default
> values. Every time i need to boot manually.
>
> Any solution regarding the NVRAM.
>
> Where can i find the NVRAM on the supervisor board, is there any chance to
> replace with new NVRAM memory.
>
> Thanks
> Bye
> Ambi.

First thing I'd do is replace the watch battery that's on the board -- a
dead battery can cause this issue as well.

I don't know the type of battery on a Sup2 off the top of my head, but you
should be able to get one from your local electronics store.

--
Brandon Ewing (nicotine [at] warningg)

p.ambedkar at gmail

Re: Cisco 6509 sup2 NVRAM corrupted.. [In reply to]

Hi,
Thanks to all who have responded.

Brandon Ewing: Special Thanks to You. I have checked the battery voltage,
it is showing 0.5V, 0.005V, almost 0V. This is the reason for the problem

Actually what happened, when i started the switch, it was showing NVRAM
corrupted, my whole concentration was diverted and i spent a lot time to
rescue the NVRAM. But finally, the problem is with battery, when it is
started it is not having any data, that's why it is showing NVRAM Corrupted.

The batteries are not available form local shop, so it is taking time to
test two switches (8 batteries).

I will come back after complete test.

Thanks to all
Bye, Ambi.