Mailing List Archive: Cisco: NSP

Local printer will not print when connected to Cisco VPN client or checkpoint..Please help

panocisco77 at gmail

Mar 27, 2012, 6:32 PM

Local printer will not print when connected to Cisco VPN client or checkpoint..Please help

I have a user who work from home and he has a home network printer which
connected to his wireless router throuh a LAN port. Whenever he is VPN
into the office he is not able to print from his home network printer.
but if he disconnect from the VPN then he can print. I already make sure
split tunnelling is enabled on the VPN server and Local LAN access is
enabled on his machines. However he can print if he connects his wireless
printer directly to his PC or Laptop he is just can't print wirelessly.
Any idea how i can get him to be able to print wirelessly while VPN into
the office.

Things i've already checked:

1) he can ping his printer IP address
2) While connected to the VPN he can see his home printer

Any help will greatly appreciated...

Renelson

lostinmoscow at gmail

Mar 27, 2012, 7:03 PM

Re: Local printer will not print when connected to Cisco VPN client or checkpoint..Please help [In reply to]

Enable split tunneling on the VPN or plug the printer into a local USB port.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:32 PM, Renelson Panosky <panocisco77 [at] gmail>wrote:

> I have a user who work from home and he has a home network printer which
> connected to his wireless router throuh a LAN port. Whenever he is VPN
> into the office he is not able to print from his home network printer.
> but if he disconnect from the VPN then he can print. I already make sure
> split tunnelling is enabled on the VPN server and Local LAN access is
> enabled on his machines. However he can print if he connects his wireless
> printer directly to his PC or Laptop he is just can't print wirelessly.
> Any idea how i can get him to be able to print wirelessly while VPN into
> the office.
>
> Things i've already checked:
>
> 1) he can ping his printer IP address
> 2) While connected to the VPN he can see his home printer
>
> Any help will greatly appreciated...
>
> Renelson

Simon.Thomason at racq

Mar 27, 2012, 11:26 PM

Re: Local printer will not print when connected to Cisco VPN client or checkpoint..Please help [In reply to]

Does the printer have a default gateway as in able to see outside its own subnet? Can you ping/tracroute to it?

Enable split tunneling on the VPN or plug the printer into a local USB port.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:32 PM, Renelson Panosky <panocisco77 [at] gmail>wrote:

> I have a user who work from home and he has a home network printer which
> connected to his wireless router throuh a LAN port. Whenever he is VPN
> into the office he is not able to print from his home network printer.
> but if he disconnect from the VPN then he can print. I already make sure
> split tunnelling is enabled on the VPN server and Local LAN access is
> enabled on his machines. However he can print if he connects his wireless
> printer directly to his PC or Laptop he is just can't print wirelessly.
> Any idea how i can get him to be able to print wirelessly while VPN into
> the office.
>
> Things i've already checked:
>
> 1) he can ping his printer IP address
> 2) While connected to the VPN he can see his home printer
>
> Any help will greatly appreciated...
>
> Renelson

RACQ gets more than 9 out of 10 cars going again – quick smart. That’s Australia’s highest success rate! Be part of Queensland’s largest club. Visit racq.com/roadsiderescue

Please Note: If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email as its use is prohibited. RACQ does not warrant or represent that this email is free from viruses or defects. If you do not wish to receive any further commercial electronic messages from RACQ please e-mail unsubscribe [at] racq or contact RACQ on 13 19 05.
Please Note:
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email as its use is prohibited.
RACQ does not warrant or represent that this email is free from viruses or defects.
If you do not wish to receive any further commercial electronic messages from RACQ
please e-mail unsubscribe [at] racq or contact RACQ on 13 19 05.

Simon.Thomason at racq

Mar 27, 2012, 11:29 PM

Re: Local printer will not print when connected to Cisco VPN client or checkpoint..Please help [In reply to]

Sorry I am pretty certain I total miss read this one. Split tunnelling will only work if you specify what is and is not interesting traffic for the VPN and local network.

Depending on what client you are using you can enable local lan access in anyconnect (not certain if there is an option for this in the old Cisco VPN).

Enable split tunneling on the VPN or plug the printer into a local USB port.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:32 PM, Renelson Panosky <panocisco77 [at] gmail>wrote:

> I have a user who work from home and he has a home network printer which
> connected to his wireless router throuh a LAN port. Whenever he is VPN
> into the office he is not able to print from his home network printer.
> but if he disconnect from the VPN then he can print. I already make sure
> split tunnelling is enabled on the VPN server and Local LAN access is
> enabled on his machines. However he can print if he connects his wireless
> printer directly to his PC or Laptop he is just can't print wirelessly.
> Any idea how i can get him to be able to print wirelessly while VPN into
> the office.
>
> Things i've already checked:
>
> 1) he can ping his printer IP address
> 2) While connected to the VPN he can see his home printer
>
> Any help will greatly appreciated...
>
> Renelson

RACQ gets more than 9 out of 10 cars going again – quick smart. That’s Australia’s highest success rate! Be part of Queensland’s largest club. Visit racq.com/roadsiderescue

Please Note: If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email as its use is prohibited. RACQ does not warrant or represent that this email is free from viruses or defects. If you do not wish to receive any further commercial electronic messages from RACQ please e-mail unsubscribe [at] racq or contact RACQ on 13 19 05.
Please Note:
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email as its use is prohibited.
RACQ does not warrant or represent that this email is free from viruses or defects.
If you do not wish to receive any further commercial electronic messages from RACQ
please e-mail unsubscribe [at] racq or contact RACQ on 13 19 05.

matt at melbourne

Mar 28, 2012, 2:45 AM

Re: Local printer will not print when connected to Cisco VPN client or checkpoint..Please help [In reply to]

On 28 March 2012 03:01, <cisco-nsp-request [at] puck> wrote:
> Message: 8
> Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 21:32:41 -0400
> From: Renelson Panosky <panocisco77 [at] gmail>
> To: cisco-nsp [at] puck
> Subject: [c-nsp] Local printer will not print when connected to Cisco
> VPN client or checkpoint..Please help
>
> I have a user who work from home and he has a home network printer which
> connected to his wireless router throuh a LAN port. Whenever he is VPN
> into the office he is not able to print from his home network printer.
> but if he disconnect from the VPN then he can print. I already make sure
> split tunnelling is enabled on the VPN server and Local LAN access is
> enabled on his machines. However he can print if he connects his wireless
> printer directly to his PC or Laptop he is just can't print wirelessly.
> Any idea how i can get him to be able to print wirelessly while VPN into
> the office.
>
> Things i've already checked:
>
> 1) he can ping his printer IP address
> 2) While connected to the VPN he can see his home printer

Is "Allow local LAN access" (include-local-lan) enabled at the VPN
head-end (it's pushed to the client as part of the Group
configuration).

Cheers,
Matt

--