Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

7915 + 7962G buttons program

alkam.ahmad at yahoo

Jun 9, 2009, 2:00 PM

7915 + 7962G buttons program

Hi.....

I have 7915 expansion with 7962G I registered its on call manager 7.0 and i can not program the expansion buttons.
please can any body tell me about it, thanks.

Ahmad

svoll.voip at gmail

Jun 9, 2009, 2:20 PM

Re: 7915 + 7962G buttons program [In reply to]

on the phone device to you have module 1 selected as 7915? then you will
also need to make a button templete to get things on those buttons.
Scott

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Ahmad Alkam <alkam.ahmad [at] yahoo> wrote:

> Hi.....
>
> I have 7915 expansion with 7962G I registered its on call manager 7.0 and i
> can not program the expansion buttons.
> please can any body tell me about it, thanks.
>
> Ahmad

jonvoip at gmail

Jun 9, 2009, 10:17 PM

Re: 7915 + 7962G buttons program [In reply to]

What Scott said, and just wanted to pass on something hilarious about
the 7915s...

So, let's say you are replacing a receptionist phone... one of those
giant things, where everyone's extension was on there... and she
doesn't have a PC...

So, the company had 45 employees, figured no big deal, get her a 7975
with two 7915s.

It turns out that you can only use 1 and a half 7915 on CUCM 7.

So, each 7915 has two pages, for double use buttons... the second 7915
only has one page...

Why?

Not sure, but on CCME, you get all of the buttons...

Thanks Cisco, you make those design meetings a blast....

Jonathan

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Scott Voll<svoll.voip [at] gmail> wrote:
> on the phone device to you have module 1 selected as 7915?  then you will
> also need to make a button templete to get things on those buttons.
> Scott
>
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Ahmad Alkam <alkam.ahmad [at] yahoo> wrote:
>>
>> Hi.....
>>
>> I have 7915 expansion with 7962G I registered its on call manager 7.0 and
>> i can not program the expansion buttons.
>> please can any body tell me about it, thanks.
>>
>> Ahmad

JHH at DJJ

Jun 10, 2009, 6:28 AM

Re: 7915 + 7962G buttons program [In reply to]

I also have this issue with CCM 6.1(2). The console acts as if it is
coming up, but just displays the Cisco logo.

In the Phone options, the system does allow me to configure speed dials
to the template, but on reset still comes back showing the Cisco logo
and nothing more.

Another thing I had to do was Upload the module firmware and is showing
in the Device Defaults with (B015-1-0-3), but with the Protocol not
specified which concerns me.

Any help??

on the phone device to you have module 1 selected as 7915? then you
will also need to make a button templete to get things on those buttons.

Scott

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Ahmad Alkam <alkam.ahmad [at] yahoo>
I have 7915 expansion with 7962G I registered its on call manager 7.0
and i can not program the expansion buttons.

please can any body tell me about it, thanks.

Ahmad

svoll.voip at gmail

Jun 10, 2009, 8:03 AM

Re: 7915 + 7962G buttons program [In reply to]

what phone model? I believe the 7915/16 have to be connected to 79x2/5
series phones. and they have to be running a faily new firmware (8.4 or
better i believe).
Hope that helps.

Scott

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 6:28 AM, Joe Halenkamp - JHH <JHH [at] djj> wrote:

> I also have this issue with CCM 6.1(2). The console acts as if it is
> coming up, but just displays the Cisco logo.
>
> In the Phone options, the system does allow me to configure speed dials to
> the template, but on reset still comes back showing the Cisco logo and
> nothing more.
>
> Another thing I had to do was Upload the module firmware and is showing in
> the Device Defaults with (B015-1-0-3), but with the Protocol not specified
> which concerns me.
>

> Any help??

JHH at DJJ

Jun 10, 2009, 8:20 AM

Re: 7915 + 7962G buttons program [In reply to]

It is connected to a 7962 phone and is fairly new firmware.

on the phone device to you have module 1 selected as 7915? then you
will also need to make a button templete to get things on those buttons.

Scott

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Ahmad Alkam <alkam.ahmad [at] yahoo>
I have 7915 expansion with 7962G I registered its on call manager 7.0
and i can not program the expansion buttons.

please can any body tell me about it, thanks.

Ahmad

JHH at DJJ

Jun 10, 2009, 11:41 AM

Re: 7915 + 7962G buttons program [In reply to]

The Boot load the 7962 is using is (tnp 62.8-3-1 a.bin)

I could not find anything regarding issues with this load. Has anyone
come across this issue?

It is connected to a 7962 phone and is fairly new firmware.

on the phone device to you have module 1 selected as 7915? then you
will also need to make a button templete to get things on those buttons.

Scott

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Ahmad Alkam <alkam.ahmad [at] yahoo>
I have 7915 expansion with 7962G I registered its on call manager 7.0
and i can not program the expansion buttons.

please can any body tell me about it, thanks.

Ahmad

svoll.voip at gmail

Jun 10, 2009, 12:19 PM

Re: 7915 + 7962G buttons program [In reply to]

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cisco+7915+supoorted+firmware
First one says minimum is 8.3.5.

Scott