Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

Voice Quality problem :: Crackling sound

James.Jung at telecom

Voice Quality problem :: Crackling sound

Hi Guys

I have voice quality issue on the Cisco IP phone. There is a cracking
sound, and after hang up and redial the same number(PSTN call), the
crackling disappears. Both Inbound and outbound calls.

It happens intermittently. Any idea would be appreaciated.

James.

jason.aarons at us

Re: Voice Quality problem :: Crackling sound [In reply to]

I would open a trouble ticket with your telephone company.

I have voice quality issue on the Cisco IP phone. There is a cracking
sound, and after hang up and redial the same number(PSTN call), the
crackling disappears. Both Inbound and outbound calls.

It happens intermittently. Any idea would be appreaciated.

James.

Disclaimer:

designated addressee(s) named above only. If you are not the
unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please
from your computer. Thank you.

asobihoudai at yahoo

Re: Voice Quality problem :: Crackling sound [In reply to]

What troubleshooting steps have you tried thus far?

________________________________

Re: Voice Quality problem :: Crackling sound [In reply to]

POTS? PRI?

-Go0se

http://atc.go0se.com

Re: Voice Quality problem :: Crackling sound [In reply to]

Hi guys

Thanks for your input.

It is BRI. NT was swapped, ISDN switch was checked with line test. Still
found nothing.

Re: Voice Quality problem :: Crackling sound [In reply to]

Did this issue just appear suddenly overnight or has it been an issue from the begininng? I had a userbase with a radio tower that was placed a bit too close to their analog lines and that threw their calls into the toilet. A week or two later, the radio tower was moved further away from the lines and all of their issues went away like magic. BRIs are digital so I can't see this being an issue in this case however.

________________________________

Re: Voice Quality problem :: Crackling sound [In reply to]

Can you verify which technology is being used on the other end?
Calling to cell of land lines with old local loop wiring will
sometimes not be very good quality.

Your telco will probably ask for this information if they have good
service. It's best to have all of your information ready so they can
not point fingers and delay an acceptable solution.

On May 25, 2009, at 11:17 PM, "James Jung" <James.Jung [at] telecom>
wrote:

> Hi guys
>

> Thanks for your input.
>
> It is BRI. NT was swapped, ISDN switch was checked with line test.
> Still found nothing.

asobihoudai at yahoo

Re: Voice Quality problem :: Crackling sound [In reply to]

Good point. The destination can be highly suspect. It doesn't sound like this is the problem in this case since you've tried several destinations, right?

When working with telco, even when it's their fault it's not...and when something on their side is busted or incorrectly installed, 'We don't see anything wrong on our side.', is something you'll hear quite often.

Re: Voice Quality problem :: Crackling sound [In reply to]

Errors on the circuit?

-Go0se

http://atc.go0se.com