Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

incoming called-number

SKee at cmsstl

Feb 23, 2009, 3:32 PM

incoming called-number

what kind of issue am I going to experience if i don't have incoming called number command in the dial-peer voice 1 voip?
incoming called-number .

i have CM 6.1 and using H323 gateway using C2811 router.

i have no issue making incoming calls from outside to inside but since i am missing incoming called command, am i going to have any issues with
inside calling out?

voice-port 0/1/0
signal groundStart
output attenuation 0
timing hookflash-out 50
connection plar 16111
caller-id enable

dial-peer voice 1 voip
description MPLS_TO_CCM
destination-pattern 16...
progress_ind setup enable 1
progress_ind progress enable 1
voice-class codec 1
voice-class h323 1
session target ipv4:10.0.160.21
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
no vad

dial-peer voice 10 pots
description (Off-Net LD Calls)
destination-pattern 71[2-9]..[2-9]......
port 0/0/0
forward-digits 11

burns.jason at gmail

Feb 23, 2009, 5:20 PM

Re: incoming called-number [In reply to]

I always reference this doc when I'm confused about dial-peers (which is
often, because they're not intuitive for me)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml#topic1

When the CallManager sends and H.323 call to that IOS GW, an inbound IOS
dial-peer will need to be matched. This will determine what properties
(codec / dtmf / etc) get applied to the H.323 leg between the GW and the
CCM.

You can use 'debug voice ccapi inout' to find out which dial-peers are being
matched for the call.

Based on the rules in the above doc, we'll match the inbound dial-peer in
the order of the commands listed in the doc.

You might find that without the "incoming called-numer ." or the other
matching commands, you'll match the default dial-peer and not get your
voice-class codec applied, but instead get the incorrect settings of the
default dial-peer for the call.

Hopefully the doc and this explanation will help.

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 6:32 PM, Scott Kee <SKee [at] cmsstl> wrote:

> what kind of issue am I going to experience if i don't have incoming
> called number command in the dial-peer voice 1 voip?
>
> incoming called-number .
>

> i have CM 6.1 and using H323 gateway using C2811 router.
>

> i have no issue making incoming calls from outside to inside but since i am
> missing incoming called command, am i going to have any issues with
>
> inside calling out?
>

> voice-port 0/1/0
>
> signal groundStart
>
> output attenuation 0
>
> timing hookflash-out 50
>
> connection plar 16111
>
> caller-id enable
>

> dial-peer voice 1 voip
>
> description MPLS_TO_CCM
>
> destination-pattern 16...
>
> progress_ind setup enable 1
>
> progress_ind progress enable 1
>
> voice-class codec 1
>
> voice-class h323 1
>
> session target ipv4:10.0.160.21
>
> dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
>
> no vad
>

> dial-peer voice 10 pots
>
> description (Off-Net LD Calls)
>
> destination-pattern 71[2-9]..[2-9]......
>
> port 0/0/0
>
> forward-digits 11

ecralar at hotmail

Feb 24, 2009, 5:03 AM

Re: incoming called-number [In reply to]

Inbound voip dial-peer can be matched on:
-incoming called-number vs DNIS
-destination-pattern vs ANI
So in your case voip DP#1 is matched on inbound H.323 calls from 16XXX numbers. It is not matched inbound in any other case including H.323 calls with empty ANI, SIP calls, etc.
Rgds
Alex