Mailing List Archive: Cisco: NAS

cisco and freeradius

Cisco nas RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

edgarz at dtg

Nov 8, 2007, 3:07 AM

cisco and freeradius

Hello list!

I have strange issue with freeradius(uses mysql db) authentication,
cisco is acting as NAS.
To see what is going on i use pap authentication, but instead of
user\password in radius.log i have a: user\some garbage with random
characters.
I tried a tonn of settings in the radius, nothing changed, then i
specified on cisco radius client source interface and it started to work
fine! But some weeks later, when restarted mysql server i got same trash
instead of password in the log file, radius -X said that instead os
password he got "unprintable characters". When i tried to remove a
source interface line from cisco configuration it started to work
normaly again. ANy ideas, where and what to dig?

Edgars.

edgarz at dtg

Nov 8, 2007, 6:31 AM

Re: cisco and freeradius [In reply to]

Hello!
yeah, a bit strange answer from him.

config

aaa new-model
!
!
aaa authentication login default local line
aaa authentication ppp default group radius
aaa authorization console
aaa authorization exec default local
aaa accounting delay-start
aaa accounting update periodic 180
aaa accounting network default start-stop group radius
!
!
aaa session-id common

bba-group pppoe plaza
virtual-template 1
sessions per-mac limit 1
!
interface FastEthernet0/1.33
encapsulation dot1Q 33
pppoe enable group plaza
!
radius-server configure-nas
radius-server host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key
blablabla
!

Smething like this :)

jc wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, Edgars Mak�~Fa wrote:
>

>> Hello list!
>>
>> I have strange issue with freeradius(uses mysql db) authentication,
>> cisco is acting as NAS.
>> To see what is going on i use pap authentication, but instead of
>> user\password in radius.log i have a: user\some garbage with random
>> characters.
>> I tried a tonn of settings in the radius, nothing changed, then i
>> specified on cisco radius client source interface and it started to work
>> fine! But some weeks later, when restarted mysql server i got same trash
>> instead of password in the log file, radius -X said that instead os
>> password he got "unprintable characters". When i tried to remove a
>> source interface line from cisco configuration it started to work
>> normaly again. ANy ideas, where and what to dig?
>>

> saw your query to freeradius mailing list and alan's response.
>
> mind sending me your nas configuration to have a look ?
>
> j.

jc at isnet

Nov 8, 2007, 6:34 AM

Re: cisco and freeradius [In reply to]

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, Edgars Mak~Fa wrote:

> radius-server host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key blablabla
> !
>
> Smething like this :)

yeah, now show me your 'clients.conf' where you define this nas.. (or do
you do it in sql ?)

j.

Cisco nas RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded