Mailing List Archive: Cisco: NAS
2 dialer profiles and 1 pri for ppp and x.25

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

achatz at forthnet

2 dialer profiles and 1 pri for ppp and x.25

We have 2 PRI on AS5300 and each one of them is accepting isdn/ppp and isdn/x.25
calls. All isdn/ppp calls terminate on the 1st pri, while all the isdn/x.25
calls terminate on the 2nd pri. Each pri has its own dialer profile, so one
dialer for ppp termination, one for x.25 termination.

The 2 isdn calls (ppp/x.25) are made from other cisco routers with BRI; each one
of them is making a ppp and a x.25 call using the 2 channels of a bri.

As long as we have 2 PRIs and 2 dialers, everything is working fine.

Now, we're trying to remove 1 pri from the AS5300 and make all calls terminate
on a single pri. But we need to find a way to bind the 2 (ppp/x.25) incoming
calls from the same router to the appropriate dialer of the AS5300, depending on
whether the call is ppp or x.25.

We can't use "caller" (CLID), because both calls originate from the same bri.
We can't use "called" (DNIS), because we have only 1 pri with 1 DNIS.
We can't use "remote-name", because x.25 doesn't use ppp authentication.

Any other idea?

--
Tassos