Mailing List Archive: Cisco: BBA

l2tp avp hiding - questions

Cisco bba RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

achatz at forthnet

Jul 17, 2006, 3:04 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1356 views)
l2tp avp hiding - questions

After looking at http://tools.ietf.org/html/2661#section-4.3 i have some questions about this avp

1) According to the rfc, the LAC is the one which enables the avp hiding. If we have "l2tp hidden"
on the LNS only, is there any "encryption" happening? Do both LAC and LNS must have "l2tp hidden"?

2) If the LAC starts the vpdn tunnel through tacacs/radius, how do we add this "l2tp hidden" in the
tacacs/radius vpdn config?

3) If the vpdn users use CHAP as their authentication protocol, is there any need for l2tp avp
hiding? Does it add something extra?

4) Does the "l2tp hidden" add any extra cpu load to the LAC and/or LNS?

cisco-bba mailing list
cisco-bba [at] puck

Cisco bba RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded