Mailing List Archive: Cisco: BBA
Specify PPPoE Virtual-Access Interface bandwidth on LNS via RADIUS/AAA

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

giesen at snickers

Jan 12, 2011, 7:31 AM

Specify PPPoE Virtual-Access Interface bandwidth on LNS via RADIUS/AAA

Is there any way to specify the bandwidth on virtual-access interfaces
(to be used for OSPF, QoS, etc) via RADIUS/AAA? I'm currently using
"lcp:interface-config=bandwidth 4032\nbandwidth receive 800".

Here's what I see:

#show int vi4
Virtual-Access4 is up, line protocol is up
Hardware is Virtual Access interface
Interface is unnumbered. Using address of Loopback64757 (172.23.254.254)
MTU 1492 bytes, BW 155520 Kbit/sec, RxBW 800 Kbit/sec, DLY 100000 usec,
reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
Encapsulation PPP, LCP Open
Open: IPCP
PPPoVPDN vaccess, cloned from AAA, Virtual-Template1

#show ip ospf interface vi4
Virtual-Access4 is up, line protocol is up
Interface is unnumbered. Using address of Loopback64757
(172.23.254.254), Area 0
Process ID 64757, Router ID 172.23.254.254, Network Type
POINT_TO_POINT, Cost: 24
Topology-MTID Cost Disabled Shutdown Topology Name
0 24 no no Base

You can see the cost for OSPF is 24 (100/4.032 ~=24) so OSPF is
picking it up, but I'm curious why it's not showing up on the
interface itself. I'm also in the process of implementing QoS as well,
though I haven't yet tested if the QoS but obviously it'll need to
know the proper value...

GG