Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Cisco: BBA

Specify PPPoE Virtual-Access Interface bandwidth on LNS via RADIUS/AAA

 

 

Cisco bba RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


giesen at snickers

Jan 12, 2011, 7:31 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3274 views)
Permalink
Specify PPPoE Virtual-Access Interface bandwidth on LNS via RADIUS/AAA

Is there any way to specify the bandwidth on virtual-access interfaces
(to be used for OSPF, QoS, etc) via RADIUS/AAA? I'm currently using
"lcp:interface-config=bandwidth 4032\nbandwidth receive 800".

Here's what I see:

#show int vi4
Virtual-Access4 is up, line protocol is up
Hardware is Virtual Access interface
Interface is unnumbered. Using address of Loopback64757 (172.23.254.254)
MTU 1492 bytes, BW 155520 Kbit/sec, RxBW 800 Kbit/sec, DLY 100000 usec,
reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
Encapsulation PPP, LCP Open
Open: IPCP
PPPoVPDN vaccess, cloned from AAA, Virtual-Template1

#show ip ospf interface vi4
Virtual-Access4 is up, line protocol is up
Interface is unnumbered. Using address of Loopback64757
(172.23.254.254), Area 0
Process ID 64757, Router ID 172.23.254.254, Network Type
POINT_TO_POINT, Cost: 24
Topology-MTID Cost Disabled Shutdown Topology Name
0 24 no no Base


You can see the cost for OSPF is 24 (100/4.032 ~=24) so OSPF is
picking it up, but I'm curious why it's not showing up on the
interface itself. I'm also in the process of implementing QoS as well,
though I haven't yet tested if the QoS but obviously it'll need to
know the proper value...

GG
_______________________________________________
cisco-bba mailing list
cisco-bba [at] puck
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-bba


jsimola at gmail

Jan 13, 2011, 4:18 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3142 views)
Permalink
Re: Specify PPPoE Virtual-Access Interface bandwidth on LNS via RADIUS/AAA [In reply to]

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 7:31 AM, Gary T. Giesen <giesen [at] snickers> wrote:
> Is there any way to specify the bandwidth on virtual-access interfaces
> (to be used for OSPF, QoS, etc) via RADIUS/AAA? I'm currently using
> "lcp:interface-config=bandwidth 4032\nbandwidth receive 800".

What does "sh int vi4 conf" show? What does the Virtual-Template look like?

Your radius thing works fine for me:
xxxxxxxx-A01#sh int vi4 | inc BW
MTU 1492 bytes, BW 4032 Kbit/sec, RxBW 800 Kbit/sec, DLY 100000 usec,
xxxxxxxx-A01#sh int vi4 conf | inc band
bandwidth 4032
bandwidth receive 800


--
Jon
_______________________________________________
cisco-bba mailing list
cisco-bba [at] puck
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-bba


giesen at snickers

Jan 14, 2011, 2:59 PM

Post #3 of 4 (3141 views)
Permalink
Re: Specify PPPoE Virtual-Access Interface bandwidth on LNS via RADIUS/AAA [In reply to]

Virtual Template is:

interface Virtual-Template1
mtu 1492
ip vrf forwarding TEST
ip unnumbered Loopback64757
ppp max-bad-auth 5
ppp authentication pap

Per my original email:

#show int vi4
Virtual-Access4 is up, line protocol is up
Hardware is Virtual Access interface
Interface is unnumbered. Using address of Loopback64757 (172.23.254.254)
MTU 1492 bytes, BW 155520 Kbit/sec, RxBW 800 Kbit/sec, DLY 100000 usec,
reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
Encapsulation PPP, LCP Open
Open: IPCP
PPPoVPDN vaccess, cloned from AAA, Virtual-Template1


As you can see, the receive bandwidth is being set, but not the send.
If it works on your 7200 then it's probably a bug rather than a
"missing feature" so maybe I'll go ahead and open a TAC case...

GG
On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 7:18 PM, Jon Simola <jsimola [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 7:31 AM, Gary T. Giesen <giesen [at] snickers> wrote:
>> Is there any way to specify the bandwidth on virtual-access interfaces
>> (to be used for OSPF, QoS, etc) via RADIUS/AAA? I'm currently using
>> "lcp:interface-config=bandwidth 4032\nbandwidth receive 800".
>
> What does "sh int vi4 conf" show? What does the Virtual-Template look like?
>
> Your radius thing works fine for me:
> xxxxxxxx-A01#sh int vi4 | inc BW
>  MTU 1492 bytes, BW 4032 Kbit/sec, RxBW 800 Kbit/sec, DLY 100000 usec,
> xxxxxxxx-A01#sh int vi4 conf | inc band
>  bandwidth 4032
>  bandwidth receive 800
>
>
> --
> Jon
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-bba mailing list
> cisco-bba [at] puck
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-bba
>
>

_______________________________________________
cisco-bba mailing list
cisco-bba [at] puck
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-bba


giesen at snickers

Jan 14, 2011, 3:01 PM

Post #4 of 4 (3175 views)
Permalink
Re: Specify PPPoE Virtual-Access Interface bandwidth on LNS via RADIUS/AAA [In reply to]

Sorry, missed this part....

#show int vi3 configuration
Virtual-Access3 is an VPDN link (sub)interface

Derived configuration : 200 bytes
!
interface Virtual-Access3
mtu 1492
bandwidth 155520
bandwidth receive 800
ip vrf forwarding TEST
ip unnumbered Loopback64757
ppp max-bad-auth 5
ppp authentication pap
random-detect
end


On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Gary T. Giesen <giesen [at] snickers> wrote:
> Virtual Template is:
>
> interface Virtual-Template1
>  mtu 1492
>  ip vrf forwarding TEST
>  ip unnumbered Loopback64757
>  ppp max-bad-auth 5
>  ppp authentication pap
>
> Per my original email:
>
> #show int vi4
> Virtual-Access4 is up, line protocol is up
>  Hardware is Virtual Access interface
>  Interface is unnumbered. Using address of Loopback64757 (172.23.254.254)
>  MTU 1492 bytes, BW 155520 Kbit/sec, RxBW 800 Kbit/sec, DLY 100000 usec,
>    reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
>  Encapsulation PPP, LCP Open
>  Open: IPCP
>  PPPoVPDN vaccess, cloned from AAA, Virtual-Template1
>
>
> As you can see, the receive bandwidth is being set, but not the send.
> If it works on your 7200 then it's probably a bug rather than a
> "missing feature" so maybe I'll go ahead and open a TAC case...
>
> GG
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 7:18 PM, Jon Simola <jsimola [at] gmail> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 7:31 AM, Gary T. Giesen <giesen [at] snickers> wrote:
>>> Is there any way to specify the bandwidth on virtual-access interfaces
>>> (to be used for OSPF, QoS, etc) via RADIUS/AAA? I'm currently using
>>> "lcp:interface-config=bandwidth 4032\nbandwidth receive 800".
>>
>> What does "sh int vi4 conf" show? What does the Virtual-Template look like?
>>
>> Your radius thing works fine for me:
>> xxxxxxxx-A01#sh int vi4 | inc BW
>>  MTU 1492 bytes, BW 4032 Kbit/sec, RxBW 800 Kbit/sec, DLY 100000 usec,
>> xxxxxxxx-A01#sh int vi4 conf | inc band
>>  bandwidth 4032
>>  bandwidth receive 800
>>
>>
>> --
>> Jon
>> _______________________________________________
>> cisco-bba mailing list
>> cisco-bba [at] puck
>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-bba
>>
>>
>

_______________________________________________
cisco-bba mailing list
cisco-bba [at] puck
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-bba

Cisco bba RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.