Mailing List Archive: Cisco: BBA

DSL configuration on SOHO97

Cisco bba RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jknowlton at vp44

Jan 15, 2009, 11:05 AM

DSL configuration on SOHO97

Hi all.
I am a IOS newbie and need to configure a SOHO97 router. I am trying to
learn basic CLI now but I don't really have time for it because the router
has to be deployed ASAP.
May somebody reading this list make me a quick configuration to make me at
least connect to the internet?

Right now I have a Linksys modem with this settings:

IP: 10.0.1.1
LAN: 10.0.1.0

Encapsulation: RFC 2364 PPPoA
Multiplexing: LLC
VPI: 8
VCI: 35

I connect with "username [at] is" and "password" for dialing. Also, I have a
static IP assigned but I usually get it via DHCP.
I will also have the need to enable the DMZ for 10.0.1.2.
Thanks.

-JK

Leo.Laohoo at act

Jan 27, 2009, 1:02 PM

Re: DSL configuration on SOHO97 [In reply to]

This configuration wizard is suited for New Zealand but you can
substitute some of the details for your own.

Try this link:

http://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/configwizard.html