Mailing List Archive: Cherokee: users

SSL Help

Cherokee users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

john at jontyy

Jun 13, 2012, 1:15 AM

SSL Help

Hi,

I am wondering if someone could help me setup SSL support with cherokee,
I have tried using the cookbook but had no luck.

I am using Cherokee 1.0.8 on Debian 6, this version doesn't have the
cherokee helper script for SSL.

Here are the steps that I'm taking:

1. Create a new CA
2. Create a key ` openssl genrsa -des3 --out mykey.pem 2048` (I need a
2048 key) (http://www.piir.ch/slackware-linux/openssl-ca.html)
3. Create the request ` openssl req -new -key mykey.pem -out cert.csr`
4. Send off this cert.csr and get back SSL certificate ( file.crt)
5. Setup the port on cherokee and enable the SSL module
6. Set the cherokee certificate to the file.crt
7. Set the cherokee certificate key to mykey.pem

When I attempt to launch cherokee it just times out (504), I'm assuming
I am doing something wrong though in the above steps (I've never setup
SSL before).

Would someone be able to help out with this.

Thanks in advance.

John.

lists at dan

Jun 24, 2012, 10:17 PM

Re: SSL Help [In reply to]

Did you add port 443 in Cherokee's port configuration?