Mailing List Archive: Cherokee: users

Cherokee Running on Windows! (Azure)

Cherokee users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

m.david at 3rdandurban

Jun 8, 2012, 5:25 PM

Cherokee Running on Windows! (Azure)

yeah, lame attempt at drawing attention with the subject line, but the
simple fact that we can now use Cherokee as the front facing server to a
hybrid-server app backend which in addition to the the classic Azure stack
now includes any given Linux or Windows Server stack-based app is pretty
damn sweet.

Step One: Get Cherokee running on an Ubuntu-based instance >
http://ubuntu-uswest.cloudapp.net/ < Check!

I'll be spending more time over the weekend and into next week running
benchmark comparisons between AWS:EC2 and Azure:Virtual Machines running
the same ASP.NET benchmark application being processed by Mono running on
Linux, Microsoft .NET via Windows Server 2k12, all of which being handled
on the frontend by Cherokee. Once I have something meaningful to report
back I will. :-)

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
Co-Founder & Chief Architect, 3rd&Urban, LLC
Email: m.david [at] 3rdandUrban
Voice: (801) 742-1064
Web: http://mdavidpeterson.com

m.david at 3rdandurban

Jun 8, 2012, 5:31 PM

Re: Cherokee Running on Windows! (Azure) [In reply to]

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 6:25 PM, M. David Peterson
<m.david [at] 3rdandurban>wrote:

> the simple fact that we can now use Cherokee as the front facing server

... on Windows Azure (is what should have been included in my previous
email which, just in case any of you are unaware, the new release of Azure
includes, amongst other things, the ability to run Linux and Windows
Server-based virtual machines alongside the rest of the Azure stack:
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2012/06/07/meet-the-new-windows-azure.aspx

Sorry for any confusion!

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
Co-Founder & Chief Architect, 3rd&Urban, LLC
Email: m.david [at] 3rdandUrban
Voice: (801) 742-1064
Web: http://mdavidpeterson.com

locke at gigbureau

Jun 8, 2012, 5:41 PM

Re: Cherokee Running on Windows! (Azure) [In reply to]

Very interesting. I look forward to see what sort of performance difference
you see in EC2 vs. Azure Virtual Machines. In my experience I was not happy
with EC2.

-Locke

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM, M. David Peterson
<m.david [at] 3rdandurban>wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 6:25 PM, M. David Peterson <m.david [at] 3rdandurban
> > wrote:
>
>> the simple fact that we can now use Cherokee as the front facing server
>

> ... on Windows Azure (is what should have been included in my previous
> email which, just in case any of you are unaware, the new release of Azure
> includes, amongst other things, the ability to run Linux and Windows
> Server-based virtual machines alongside the rest of the Azure stack:
> http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2012/06/07/meet-the-new-windows-azure.aspx
>
> Sorry for any confusion!
>

> --
> /M:D
>
> M. David Peterson
> Co-Founder & Chief Architect, 3rd&Urban, LLC
> Email: m.david [at] 3rdandUrban
> Voice: (801) 742-1064
> Web: http://mdavidpeterson.com

stefan at konink

Aug 13, 2012, 3:20 PM

Re: Cherokee Running on Windows! (Azure) [In reply to]

You do know that I have spend a lot of time on Cherokee Win32 ;)

Next to that if you have Windows 7 available why not compile Cherokee
inside Interix? Microsoft <3 Unix

Stefan