Mailing List Archive: Cherokee: users

Fwd: CentOS 5 rpm (epel-testing) undefined symbol: cherokee_random_seed

Cherokee users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

sk.random2 at gmail

Oct 23, 2011, 11:15 PM

Fwd: CentOS 5 rpm (epel-testing) undefined symbol: cherokee_random_seed

Try the latest RPMs for Cherokee 1.2.101 --
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/cherokee-1.2.101-1.el5

Not sure if they'll make a difference (I use EPEL 6) but there's some
crucial fixes in 1.2.101 -- and if it doesn't work, then you can leave a
comment/karma on that page (and/or open a bug report).

-- David

On 24 October 2011 16:03, Jorge Sarmiento <jorge.sarmiento [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm getting the following error after installing latest cherokee from epel
> repository:
>

> [root [at] serve ~]# yum --enablerepo=epel-testing install cherokee
>
> Installed:
> cherokee.x86_64 0:1.2.100-2.el5
>
> [root [at] serve ~]# cherokee-admin -b
> cherokee-admin: symbol lookup error: cherokee-admin: undefined symbol:
> cherokee_random_seed
>
> is this an rpm error? or something is missing in my system?
>
> thanks!
>
> Jorge S.

sk.random2 at gmail

Oct 23, 2011, 11:15 PM

Fwd: CentOS 5 rpm (epel-testing) undefined symbol: cherokee_random_seed [In reply to]

Try the latest RPMs for Cherokee 1.2.101 --
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/cherokee-1.2.101-1.el5

Not sure if they'll make a difference (I use EPEL 6) but there's some
crucial fixes in 1.2.101 -- and if it doesn't work, then you can leave a
comment/karma on that page (and/or open a bug report).

-- David

On 24 October 2011 16:03, Jorge Sarmiento <jorge.sarmiento [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm getting the following error after installing latest cherokee from epel
> repository:
>

> [root [at] serve ~]# yum --enablerepo=epel-testing install cherokee
>
> Installed:
> cherokee.x86_64 0:1.2.100-2.el5
>
> [root [at] serve ~]# cherokee-admin -b
> cherokee-admin: symbol lookup error: cherokee-admin: undefined symbol:
> cherokee_random_seed
>
> is this an rpm error? or something is missing in my system?
>
> thanks!
>
> Jorge S.

jorge.sarmiento at gmail

Oct 23, 2011, 11:25 PM

Re: Fwd: CentOS 5 rpm (epel-testing) undefined symbol: cherokee_random_seed [In reply to]

I found the problem, and old source code installation hasn't been fully
erased after #make cherokee uninstall, I erased files by hand and everything
worked fine. I am using latest version you suggested.

Also, after installing rpm I got a valgrind error, apparently the rpm
doesn't have valgrind listed as dependency.

Anyways everything seems to be working now, gonna install SSL certificates
to test ssl functions.

thanks!

Jorge S.
____________________________________

error #1:

#make cherokee uninstall

didn't remove /var/lib files

error #2: cherokee rpm from epel doesn't have valgrind as a dependency

ERROR: Could not execute valgrind
PID 1695: exited re=1

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 1:15 AM, David <sk.random2 [at] gmail> wrote:

> Try the latest RPMs for Cherokee 1.2.101 --
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/cherokee-1.2.101-1.el5
>
> Not sure if they'll make a difference (I use EPEL 6) but there's some
> crucial fixes in 1.2.101 -- and if it doesn't work, then you can leave a
> comment/karma on that page (and/or open a bug report).
>
> -- David
>
> On 24 October 2011 16:03, Jorge Sarmiento <jorge.sarmiento [at] gmail>wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm getting the following error after installing latest cherokee from epel
>> repository:
>>

>> [root [at] serve ~]# yum --enablerepo=epel-testing install cherokee
>>
>> Installed:
>> cherokee.x86_64 0:1.2.100-2.el5
>>
>> [root [at] serve ~]# cherokee-admin -b
>> cherokee-admin: symbol lookup error: cherokee-admin: undefined symbol:
>> cherokee_random_seed
>>
>> is this an rpm error? or something is missing in my system?
>>
>> thanks!
>>
>> Jorge S.

jorge.sarmiento at gmail

Oct 23, 2011, 11:25 PM

Re: Fwd: CentOS 5 rpm (epel-testing) undefined symbol: cherokee_random_seed [In reply to]