Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Cherokee: users

UnicodeDecodeError while adding cherokee ppa

 

 

Cherokee users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


introsmedia at gmail

Aug 8, 2011, 9:00 AM

Post #1 of 5 (592 views)
Permalink
UnicodeDecodeError while adding cherokee ppa

Hi,

I'm new to cherokee and I'm trying to install it using the instructions for
APT given in the website[1].

When I run "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cherokee-webserver" I get the
following error:


Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/softwareproperties/ppa.py", line
59, in run
self.add_ppa_signing_key(self.ppa_path)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/softwareproperties/ppa.py", line
88, in add_ppa_signing_key
print "Error reading %s: %s" % (lp_url, e)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 32:
ordinal not in range(128)


I appreciate any help with this.

Thanks in advance,


1. http://www.cherokee-project.com/doc/basics_installation_unix.html

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
IntrosMedia <http://introsmedia.wordpress.com/>


andor at pierdelacabeza

Aug 8, 2011, 9:05 AM

Post #2 of 5 (572 views)
Permalink
Re: UnicodeDecodeError while adding cherokee ppa [In reply to]

Hi Luis,

Looks like a problem in your distro...

Which Ubuntu release are you using?

You may add the repositories directly to your /etc/apt/sources.list file
instead of using the add-apt-repository script.




On 08/08/11 11:00, Luis Felipe López Acevedo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to cherokee and I'm trying to install it using the
> instructions for APT given in the website[1].
>
> When I run "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cherokee-webserver" I get the
> following error:
>
>
> Exception in thread Thread-1:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
> self.run()
> File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/softwareproperties/ppa.py",
> line 59, in run
> self.add_ppa_signing_key(self.ppa_path)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/softwareproperties/ppa.py",
> line 88, in add_ppa_signing_key
> print "Error reading %s: %s" % (lp_url, e)
> UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position
> 32: ordinal not in range(128)
>
>
> I appreciate any help with this.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
>
> 1. http://www.cherokee-project.com/doc/basics_installation_unix.html
>
> --
> Luis Felipe López Acevedo
> IntrosMedia <http://introsmedia.wordpress.com/>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Cherokee mailing list
> Cherokee [at] lists
> http://lists.octality.com/listinfo/cherokee


introsmedia at gmail

Aug 8, 2011, 9:19 AM

Post #3 of 5 (568 views)
Permalink
Re: UnicodeDecodeError while adding cherokee ppa [In reply to]

2011/8/8 Alvaro [Andor] <andor [at] pierdelacabeza>

> Hi Luis,
>
> Looks like a problem in your distro...
>
> Which Ubuntu release are you using?
>
> You may add the repositories directly to your /etc/apt/sources.list file
> instead of using the add-apt-repository script.
>
>
>
I'm using Trisquel 4.01 (based on Ubuntu 10.04)

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
IntrosMedia <http://introsmedia.wordpress.com/>


andor at pierdelacabeza

Aug 8, 2011, 9:35 AM

Post #4 of 5 (582 views)
Permalink
Re: UnicodeDecodeError while adding cherokee ppa [In reply to]

Then add this to your /etc/apt/sources.list :

debhttp://ppa.launchpad.net/cherokee-webserver/ppa/ubuntu lucid main
deb-srchttp://ppa.launchpad.net/cherokee-webserver/ppa/ubuntu lucid main

Run this for getting the PPA signing key:

|sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys| EBA7BD49


Then update:

sudo apt-get update


Install:

sudo apt-get install cherokee


and you are good to go! :D

On 08/08/11 11:19, Luis Felipe López Acevedo wrote:
> 2011/8/8 Alvaro [Andor] <andor [at] pierdelacabeza
> <mailto:andor [at] pierdelacabeza>>
>
> Hi Luis,
>
> Looks like a problem in your distro...
>
> Which Ubuntu release are you using?
>
> You may add the repositories directly to your
> /etc/apt/sources.list file instead of using the add-apt-repository
> script.
>
>
>
> I'm using Trisquel 4.01 (based on Ubuntu 10.04)
>
> --
> Luis Felipe López Acevedo
> IntrosMedia <http://introsmedia.wordpress.com/>
>


introsmedia at gmail

Aug 8, 2011, 2:23 PM

Post #5 of 5 (566 views)
Permalink
Re: UnicodeDecodeError while adding cherokee ppa [In reply to]

El 8 de agosto de 2011 11:35, Alvaro [Andor] <andor [at] pierdelacabeza>escribió:

> sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys EBA7BD49
>
>
>
Great, thanks!

I'll bug you again if I find myself in trouble when deploying Django apps.

Thanks again,

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
IntrosMedia <http://introsmedia.wordpress.com/>

Cherokee users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.