Mailing List Archive: Cherokee: users

Question about market

Cherokee users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

rafael at bonifaz

Jun 17, 2011, 3:39 PM

Question about market

alvaro at octality

Jun 18, 2011, 2:51 PM

Re: Question about market [In reply to]

Hello Rafael,

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 12:39 AM, Rafael Bonifaz <rafael [at] bonifaz> wrote:

> I have done some tests installing several applications with Cherokee
> Market. I see that what you install goes to
> /var/lib/cherokee/ows/root/somenumber. Can this be change to my own
> values? I would like to have the apps installed inside /var/www/myname
> or any where? Why does the path to the apps should be so random. I
> think it is important for users to know where they install things.

Cherokee-Market does not allow users to define where applications are
installed, that's a design decision. However they can see where the apps
are located from Cherokee-admin.

The custom path definition is one of the potential improvement of the new
installation system I'm currently working on. Do not expect it to be ready
soon though, I'm afraid it's still a few weeks away of being functional.

--
Greetings, alo
http://www.octality.com/

rafael at bonifaz