cherokee at googlecode
Feb 27, 2012, 7:30 AM
Post #1 of 3
Issue 1345 in cherokee: Lots of things not working when following the manual exactly
New issue 1345 by arjan.va...@gmail.com: Lots of things not working when
following the manual exactly
I was very enthousiastic when reading about Cherokee, however it seems that
nothing, besides the basic server of pages works.
Here is what I have experienced in the past few hours.
I am running OSX Lion BTW
1. Downloaded 1.2.101
2. ./configure as was said in the manual
3. ./make -j4 and make install as was in the manual
4. cherokee-admin does not exists, however it is now called
cherokee-admin-launcher. Small difference, but still.
5. Whilst in the admin (Chrome or Firefox) everything seems to work fine
and I can start the server and actually serve pages.
Here come the troubles:
1. Trying to install the phpmyadmin app fails due to PHP missing
2. OK, fixed that, but now I see that there is an unfinished installation
which I can not remove. When deleting the installation I get the small
ajax-waiting icon in the bottom of the screen but nothing happens.
3. Trying to install phpmyadmin again. But now it downloads in 1 second and
after that nothing happens.
4. After restart of cherokee-admin I am able to download phpmyadmin again
and get to the part where I have to configure it.
5. Default drop-down box says: New VirtualHost, but I want it as a
directory of existing virtual host, so I pick that drop down. Again... a
small ajax-loading icon and nothing happens. I try /phpmyadmin, but nothing
happens when pressing OK.
6. Restart admin interface and redownload phpmyadmin (because again, I am
stuck at 3.). And now I don't try to install it as a directory of an
existing virtualhost but just create a new virtualhost. When pressing OK
I really dig the idea of this user-friendlyness, however, when it is NOT
working and I am following all the manuals it is even more annoying than a
server where I have to alter a few .conf files.
Am I using an unstable version? Is this browser-specific? Is this
OS-specific? What is happening?
Besides that a lot of documentation is a little off. Not completely
Cherokee-dev mailing list
Cherokee-dev [at] lists