Mailing List Archive: Catalyst: Users

[ANNOUNCE] Catalyst-Runtime 5.90016

jjn1056 at yahoo

Aug 16, 2012, 6:46 PM

[ANNOUNCE] Catalyst-Runtime 5.90016

The latest point release of your favorite web development platform is out on CPAN!

https://metacpan.org/release/JJNAPIORK/Catalyst-Runtime-5.90016

This is a bugfix release that makes a few tweaks to the way parameters are prepared and makes some Catalyst methods a bit smarter when stringifying objects.

Here's the full changes:

5.90016 - 2012-08-16 15:35:00
  - prepare_parameters is no longer an attribute builder.  It is now a method
    that calls the correct underlying functionality (Bill Moseley++)
  - Updated Makefile.PL to handle MacOXS tar
  - Fix uri_for to handle a stringifiable object
  - Fix model/view/controller methods to handle stringifiable objects
  - Fix RT#78377 - IIS7 ignores response body for 3xx requests, which
    causes (a different) response to be broken when using keepalive.
    Fixed by applying Middleware which removes the response body and
    content length that Catalyst supplies with redirects.

We anticipate no issues with this minor release, but if you are doing weird stuff with objects and stringification, or liked to mess around with Catalyst internal functions related to parameter, its not impossible you'd have trouble.  Please shout out if so.

Thanks!

John

moseley at hank

Aug 17, 2012, 6:23 AM

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Catalyst-Runtime 5.90016 [In reply to]

Thanks for the new release! I'll start testing with it today.

I created https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=79043 to address the
Catalyst::Test issue I posted about yesterday, although that might be a
duplicate of https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=62015

Does the latest release fix this:

And are those 2, 3, and even 4 year old tickets relevant any more?

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM, John Napiorkowski <jjn1056 [at] yahoo>wrote:

> The latest point release of your favorite web development platform is out
> on CPAN!
>
> https://metacpan.org/release/JJNAPIORK/Catalyst-Runtime-5.90016
>
> This is a bugfix release that makes a few tweaks to the way parameters are
> prepared and makes some Catalyst methods a bit smarter when stringifying
> objects.
>
> Here's the full changes:
>
> 5.90016 - 2012-08-16 15:35:00
> - prepare_parameters is no longer an attribute builder. It is now a
> method
> that calls the correct underlying functionality (Bill Moseley++)
> - Updated Makefile.PL to handle MacOXS tar
> - Fix uri_for to handle a stringifiable object
> - Fix model/view/controller methods to handle stringifiable objects
> - Fix RT#78377 - IIS7 ignores response body for 3xx requests, which
> causes (a different) response to be broken when using keepalive.
> Fixed by applying Middleware which removes the response body and
> content length that Catalyst supplies with redirects.
>
> We anticipate no issues with this minor release, but if you are doing
> weird stuff with objects and stringification, or liked to mess around with
> Catalyst internal functions related to parameter, its not impossible you'd
> have trouble. Please shout out if so.
>
> Thanks!
>
> John

> Searchable archive:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/catalyst [at] lists/

Bill Moseley
moseley [at] hank

jjn1056 at yahoo

Aug 17, 2012, 8:34 AM

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Catalyst-Runtime 5.90016 [In reply to]

Awesome

>I created https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=79043 to address the Catalyst::Test issue I posted about yesterday, although that might be a duplicate of https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=62015
>

>Does the latest release fix this:

No, I didn't get enough clarity on the patch to work it (did you see my email about getting you access to the repo?  that would help move stuff like this along and I am willing to help you or anyone get past the initial learning curve.

Not so sure, I don't yet have a backlog task to review outstanding bugs, but I guess it would be a good idea.  Anyone want to volunteer to review existing tickets in RT and report on their viability (I'm talking to all of you that said on the poll you wanted to help but didn't know what to do :) ).