Mailing List Archive: Catalyst: Users

Using external URLs?

Jo.Kilian at gmx

Using external URLs?

Hi there,

I've got a probably simple question, but cannot figure it out yet.

I'm using Template::Toolkit and Catalyst - and I'm having problems with absolute URLs ...

Within my Template I have the following absolute URL:

After processing the Template (via Catalyst::View::TT) my previously correct URL is modified to:
http:\\mycatalystserver\myserver1\test.html

(where "mycatalystserver" is the server where catalyst runs ...)

Who modifies my URL - Catalyst or Template::Toolkit? (I think it's catalyst - since within my template I do only have plain text in the eyes of Template::Toolkit ...)

And most important
How can I suppress this modification to be able to use the original URL?

Thanks in advance
Johannes

catalyst at iandocherty

Re: Using external URLs? [In reply to]

On 11 April 2012 09:38, Johannes Kilian <Jo.Kilian [at] gmx> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've got a probably simple question, but cannot figure it out yet.
>
> I'm using Template::Toolkit and Catalyst - and I'm having problems with absolute URLs ...
>
> Within my Template I have the following absolute URL:

Just in case this is not a typo, try

Instead.

> After processing the Template (via Catalyst::View::TT) my previously correct URL is modified to:
> http:\\mycatalystserver\myserver1\test.html
>
> (where "mycatalystserver" is the server where catalyst runs ...)
>
> Who modifies my URL - Catalyst or Template::Toolkit? (I think it's catalyst - since within my template I do only have plain text in the eyes of Template::Toolkit ...)
>
> And most important
> How can I suppress this modification to be able to use the original URL?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Johannes

chakkit at ibiz

RE: Using external URLs? [In reply to]

Hi Johannes,

Did you really type “\” instead of “/” ?
Try changing to “/” and try again.

Regards,
Chakkit

iBiz Network Co., Ltd.
189/109 Soi Krungthep Kretha 7, Huamark, Bangkapi,
Bangkok 10240 Thailand Tel: 0-2184-6935, Fax: 02-184-6938

--
Empfehlen Sie GMX DSL Ihren Freunden und Bekannten und wir belohnen Sie mit bis zu 50,- Euro! <https://freundschaftswerbung.gmx.de> https://freundschaftswerbung.gmx.de

bobtfish at bobtfish

Re: Using external URLs? [In reply to]

On 11 Apr 2012, at 09:38, Johannes Kilian wrote:

> Who modifies my URL - Catalyst or Template::Toolkit?

Neither! Unless you asked them to

> (I think it's catalyst - since within my template I do only have plain text in the eyes of Template::Toolkit ...)

It could well be - but it's code you've added to your application which is mangling the body after TT generates it in some way if that's the case.

Cheers
t0m

Jo.Kilian at gmx

RE: Using external URLs? [In reply to]

Hi all,

I don't dare to confress - but I have to ... ;-)

Me idiot: I only had a singel forward-slash after "http:" instead of double forward slashes! Sometimes I'm really blind ...

Mea culpa.
Thanks anyway

Johannes